Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my 00 SV650 back on the road after a complete rebuild and I'm having problems that I can't figure out with the engine tuning. The engine fires right up and idles great(with a pop from the muffler here and there) and is very smooth in the low-mid rpm range. the problem I'm having is with running it at higher RPM's. It stumbles and bucks almost as if its hitting a rev limiter but it's doing it from about 5-6k onward. Here's whats been done to it:

-Was rejetted to run a chopped muffler and K&N drop in filter
-Is now running pods
-THOROUGHLY cleaned the carbs
-Has brand new CR9EK plugs(one step colder than stock) which cleared it up a little bit
-Adjusted the fuel mix screws to run richer and it cleared it up a little bit but I'm almost completely out of adjustment with these screws now as one more 1/4 turn and there's no resistance felt when turning the screws

I know everyone says that running pods on these is problematic but there's gotta be a way to get this dialed in. My thoughts were:

-Air turbulence from the pods going into the carbs
-Need to run hotter plugs
-Need hotter coils/wires

Please give me some educated input and spitball some ideas around as I have been waiting almost a year to ride my baby again and I need her to run right. Thank you in advance for your time and advice.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
What size mains are you running? IIRC Zoran was running seriously big mains on pod filters and had to drill out some passages too. Somewhere around 200 mains is what I think I read.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks to hear. The problem is its been a long time since the carbs were rejetted and it was not a kit. All the pieces were picked separately based on the advice of forum members...guess I'll need to dig for that thread.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
145 mains and 17 pilots is what I'm running on my full system/cam swap/stock airbox/stock filter bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts