Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I put in my full exhaust and did a snorkelectomy with a reset as followed by acrider archives.

I put in a 152 main and a 17.5 pilot. I did 1a shim under the needle, the shims I had were 4mmjust thick so figured 1it would bw ok.

Thing I think has got me screwed is the air fuel mix screws wont turn. There jammed shut

But I don't know if that's my problem or if I did something wrong

Hall!!Halp

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And because you came in here to help here is my thanks by showing you my new exhaust

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
The mixture screws only work at idle to maybe 1/4 throttle. It is not good that they are stuck, but if it starts and idles OK...and putts around at light throttle your idle/pilot mixtures are close enough for now. It lays down over 1/2 throttle? Or just doesn't have the power you feel it should?

Removing the snorkel CAN cause lots of issues with the CV's sometimes. The slides might not be raising as quickly with the reduction in vacuum you've created. Some of the jetting tutorials talk about drilling out the slide feed hole to make them open quicker. I don't know if that is what is causing your problem, but if you aren't hearing the carbs opening up...it might be something to check.

Float levels are good? Low fuel levels will make it run crazy lean even with larger mains installed. You might be going back into the carbs.:)

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah idles fantastic, right where stock was. 1/4 is fine, even 1/3 is ok. I rode it to work today ( only mode of transport) and its ok. just get into 1/2 throttle or more and its not accelerating any more than 1/2 and just makes noise.

Ive got the stock air filter with oe snorkel so i can try that real fast to see if any improvements.

and no i did not drill the slides, i saw a lot of argument against it so i figured rather leave it alone than screw it up and cant go back

and in the guide it said to adjust the floats to the leanest float so little to no adjustment there.

and the ride home it was poping and backfiring a lot, so im taking its very lean...

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i dropped in the stock filter to try it and its definitely better but not back to stock power. so step in the correct direction with the stock filter.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
So you're definitely lean seeing as it runs better with the stock filter/snorkel back in. Good! Back to the float levels....did you adjust them at all? Low fuel levels will act like you're seeing for sure. Those floats are kind of weird from what I've seen as they are angled oddly. (last carbs I've played with were on the V-Max. Had those carbs off at least twenty times getting them right!:)) Perhaps get back in and raise them up 1/16" or so and see how it changes it....betting it runs better.:)

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i did NOT adjust them at all.

Ill tear em out right now and adjust them..

Got any good links on the adjustment?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK so something i thought of as well is that i left the stock clip ABOVE the e clip. Think that could cause problems?

And i think one of the springs on the needle are screwed. Think that could screw things up?

Video will be up soon:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so i adjusted the fuel bowls, didnt get into specific adjustment but bent the tabs out slightly and tested it, its got power again.

Its still not %100 but im gonna try and tweak it some more to get it spot on

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Make sure that you didnt pinch the boots on the slides when you were putting it back together. Is the needle clipped into the slide? A messed up spring can cause problems too.

For starters, I would pull the filter out and look at the slides, do they both move up evenly when you rev the bike?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the needles are clipped to the slides. yeah one of the needles takes more force to compress than the other. Im ordering new springs to see if that helps.

and no i made good sure to check the vacuum boots, they looked a little warped, like slight wavy dips in the inner surface. i didnt think it would make much difference. both slides go completely into the carbs so im not sure if it affects anything.

thanks for the help. Im gonna check the slide balance now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts