Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with the great help of this board so far, I decided to buy an old first gen sv650 (1999). I was told "every thing was there;" however, every thing was just random pieces.

I decided to start by rebuilding the carbs. Spent a lot of time reading/fitting the puzzle pieces and so far so good. I've gotten it mostly back together; however, I don't know what these three holes on the bottom of the float cover are. They are all threaded so is a screw suppose to go in there? If so what is it connected to? I can't really find any more parts/hoses that would fit in the box he gave me, and I've looked at the manual and there seems to be nothing I can find....

Here is the picture of the holes.

Please help!

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
The float bowl is attached to the carb with three bolts. I see two bolts installed, the upper right hand corner bolt is missing. The largest red circle in the 6 o'clock position looks to be for a carb heater. Is this a Canadian bike? I don't know what the other two circled holes are for. This does not look like a US carb float bowl.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The float bowl is attached to the carb with three bolts. I see two bolts installed, the upper right hand corner bolt is missing. The largest red circle in the 6 o'clock position looks to be for a carb heater. Is this a Canadian bike? I don't know what the other two circled holes are for. This does not look like a US carb float bowl.
Yes, I couldn't find the 3rd screw in all of his stuff, so I've been trying to piece everything together to see what I'm missing.

As far as I know, it's not a Canadian bike. I got the bike in Texas. What does a US carbfloat bowl look like? I've looked at the parts diagram online, and nothing is ever mentioned about the bottom areas...

Wanted to add, that even though there are threads, its a dead end in those holes.

·
Registered
353 Posts
His looks just like those on my 2002 S (both the ones that came on it and the one I got as a replacement for one of the bowls that cracked).

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
His looks just like those on my 2002 S (both the ones that came on it and the one I got as a replacement for one of the bowls that cracked).
Interesting. I guess in '02 they made all sorts of changes. The stator wire harness is shorter on the '02 than for the '01. I guess they changed the float bowls as well in '02. That larger threaded hole still looks like a carb heater screws in. On the '01, it is just a casting that hasn't been milled for the hole or threads. Always something new to learn.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here it is. I think it is as RMan mentioned just the heater for the carbs. I guess it was just a bonus feature? Here's a picture of the inside:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thanks for the picture, it definitely clarifies things. All those extra holes do not seem to come through to the inside, so you're probably good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts