Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one use these? I'm looking to get an extra set of wheels for track days and am wondering if these are worth the money and unsprung weight. I've never taken off my own wheels, so I have no idea how inconvenient the stock spacer system is when swapping wheels. Is there some other advantage to them? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The stock spacers are a bit of a pain, the speedo sensor thing doesn't help either,hold the wheel hold the spacer start the axle hold the speedo sensor, and push the axle, it might be a two person job but no fun unless you're helping your girlfriend with her front wheel. I was going to make my own captive spacers if i could've found the right bearings.In the mean time i have figured out how i could make captive spacers using the stock bearings and not even changing the spacer between the bearings,but my bike is all bolted together, well i may fine tune the position of my cf front fender, that may inspire a bit of machining of captive spacers.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Coming to think about it, loosing the speedo pick up on the front wheel I think is one of the most overlooked benefits of having an gsxr front end.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Coming to think about it, loosing the speedo pick up on the front wheel I think is one of the most overlooked benefits of having an gsxr front end.
Granted, I've only had my front wheel off once (for traxxion emulator kit) but I honestly don't even remember putting the front tire back on. I guess the stars, and the pickup, were aligned.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I don`t even remember how I managed to break the speedo pick up thing but I did when I changed my front wheel for the 1. time.
So I guess it benefits you if you have clumsy hands like me :p

To the OP, a great place to get spacers if you decide to go that route is here http://www.twfracing.com/zparts.html

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don`t even remember how I managed to break the speedo pick up thing but I did when I changed my front wheel for the 1. time.
some people get confused with groves on it and think bump on fork has to fit in it, and than they break it.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
So I guess it benefits you if you have clumsy hands like me :p

To the OP, a great place to get spacers if you decide to go that route is here http://www.twfracing.com/zparts.html
That's surprisingly cheap for the front- no sense in trying to make your own. Anyone know what the rear runs- the link is broken and that one is the real PITA.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I "like" the rear more, took me a while but I now have a system were it takes me 15min on a good day to change the rear wheel.

And yes somebody should fix that link.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
TWF is the way to go and maybe you can tell him about the broken link for the rear wheel set so we know how much that one is.

Thank you

Edit: Link works again

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the front wheel kit says that it "eliminates the speedo". Does this mean that you can't
install the speedo with the captive spacer kit? I'm getting a second set of wheels for my street bike so I can have a dedicated track set. But I need the speedo for the street.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
AMEN TO THAT....

Now, I do not worry about entery speed... I play it by feel... If it feels good I can go a lil bit faster!!!!

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Call me about the wheel.... 602 980 5707 Luis

So the front wheel kit says that it "eliminates the speedo". Does this mean that you can't
install the speedo with the captive spacer kit? I'm getting a second set of wheels for my street bike so I can have a dedicated track set. But I need the speedo for the street.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts