Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just hooked up the 15k ohm resistor and my bike kept flashing FI and wouldn't start. I'm like.. that's weird. The FI start up sound part was shorter as well. Bike wouldn't fire up with the error. So took out the resistor and hooked it back up to stock - and I still get the error.

What have I done?!?!? Did I mess up my bike?!?! I've checked over every cable, everything is hooked up. I have the tail end apart (for a shock swap), but everything is hooked up. Could I of shorted something out? How can I test it?

This isn't good...
'05 SV-650S

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to call the dealership and see how much it cost for their Dealer Mode FI troubleshooting device that attachs to the bike. Without that part, I can't get an error code.

Anyone ever ordered one of these? or have one?
09930-82720: Mode select switch

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If everything is back looking completly stock and I bring the bike to the dealership - tell them I installed my rear shock and now the FI system doesn't work. Think they'd cover it under warranty?

Did I void the warranty doing any modifications? Anyone know the policy?

·
Registered
498 Posts
It sounds like you took your bike pretty far apart and didn't know which sensor was the tip over sensor. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ronlarimer said:
It sounds like you took your bike pretty far apart and didn't know which sensor was the tip over sensor. :)
I'm going to throw my bike back together, and call the dealer tomorrow.. tell them my bike started flashing FI while riding. If they ask about my minor mods (shock, rear turning signals, flush mounts) I'll tell them they've been installed for months.

Hopefully they'll take it in and fix it up under warranty.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You sure you didn't cut the wires to the TO senser instead of the wires for the gear position indicator???

Did you for some reason take any of the sensors off??

Where did you get directions for doing the TRE mod???

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://people.tamu.edu/~redaggie03/Sv650 Portal/Write-Ups Page/SV TRE Mod.htm

I think I got the right wires. Blue, pink and a black/white one. If I unhook the blue wire, the FI system doesn't even start up. The black and pink don't seem to do much for helping me out. FI starts up, I hear it happening - then ends short.

What do you mean, take sensors off? I unhooked a few wires, but I hooked them all back up. I only unhooked what I needed to take the fender off. I had to unhook the FI ECM - but I hooked it all back up.

·
Registered
498 Posts
TOS = Tip over sensor (see my previous post)
USD = Up-side Down (as in USD fork)

I would put $100 on that being the problem and another $100 that you can't convince the dealer that it just shut off while you were riding.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Honestly, it was hanging off the side of my bike... big time super huge thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
JCharette said:
Tip over sensor... so, if I can connect the dots - there's a sensor that senses if my bike is on it's side, and won't start the FI system so that it doesn't start pumping fuel sideways?  What can I find this sensor?

Or, is that some type of joke?
i'm not the best source, i have a first gen, but i believe it's under the battery, this isn't a joke

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again everyone!
Damn TO sensor... wow - you definitly made my night. So many wasted hours.. I did the TRE mod, then un-did the TRE mod - now I'll have to re-do it tomorrow.. ahaha

Stay tuned for the next episode of "Turning a 30min mod into 4 day job"

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Mental note to self: "don't take any technical advice from JCharette"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Glad you got it worked out. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts