Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of heated grips a few weeks back. Everything was fine until the other day. I try to start the bike and nothing happens. It doesn't crank at all. Hit the ignition switch and nothing. Power is getting to the lights and grips, but the motor doesn't crack at all.
Anyone have any ideas what could be going on?
tia

·
Registered
2001 Suzuki SV650
5 Posts
I installed a set of heated grips a few weeks back. Everything was fine until the other day. I try to start the bike and nothing happens. It doesn't crank at all. Hit the ignition switch and nothing. Power is getting to the lights and grips, but the motor doesn't crack at all.
tia
I know nothing about the ‘08 but if it requires the clutch to be pulled while starting, make sure your wires are connected at the lever. Had a similar issue on my ‘01 a couple days ago because I forgot to reconnect the plug.

·
Super Moderator
8,730 Posts
Yup, clutch switch. Good chance the plug got bumped when installing the new grips.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery.

Did you accidentally leave the grips turned on?

There's a big difference between how much energy it takes to turn the lights on vs cranking the engine over.
I did once, but it was fine and I put it on a battery tender since. The volt meter reads 12.2. Popped out the battery to get it tested tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, clutch switch. Good chance the plug got bumped when installing the new grips.
And TeeRiver calls it!
Up and running again! Now if I can just find the seat bolt that got swallowed in the bike.
Thanks all!

·
Super Moderator
8,730 Posts
I was just following Riversiderider and GC. :)

Glad you got it working.(y)

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
tia
When you add more load on the system like heated grips, you might some more cranking amps. The glass batteries seem to be a good performance value for the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts