Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the screw that attaches the cover that goes over the windscreen above the gauge cover (#11 and 12 pictured below). I've done some searching, but I'm not really sure how to find a replacement screw that has the correct thread count. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
your dealership will have them and be happy to charge you $3 or so but at least you pay no shipping.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
I lost the screw that attaches the cover that goes over the windscreen above the gauge cover (#11 and 12 pictured below). I've done some searching, but I'm not really sure how to find a replacement screw that has the correct thread count. Does anyone have any suggestions?
If you only lost one, then you've still got the other, right? Just take it to a fastener shop and they'll hook you up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for getting back to me. I checked out bike bandit, and they don't have the screws listed just like other sites I've looked at. I'm thinking maybe the dealership will be my best bet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By fastener shop, do you mean like a hardware store where they sell screws? I thought about doing that, but it didn't quite seem like a standard screw you would get from there.

If you only lost one, then you've still got the other, right? Just take it to a fastener shop and they'll hook you up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, thanks. I couldn't find the right diagram for some reason when I looked. I'm gonna try the hardware store first and see if I can get one that matches.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
By fastener shop, do you mean like a hardware store where they sell screws? I thought about doing that, but it didn't quite seem like a standard screw you would get from there.
I don't live in the states and have never been to a Pep Boys, but if it's anything like Canadian Tire or Part Source up here, they should have bins of bulk fasteners where you can go sort through them and buy just the type, size, and quantity you need.

Up here we also have Brofasco, Fastenal, and Spae-Naur which sell nothing but fasteners - a store like that is what I meant by "fastener shop". If it was really rare (sounds like it's not), then that's the kind of place I'd go to.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem solved. Just went to the local hardware store, told them the size that bilbillw gave me, and voila. svrider to the rescue. Thanks guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts