Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I came home today from a little ride before my girlfriend and I were supposed to go out for a ride, and I switch into neutral only the light doesn't come on.I have a 2003 SV650S. Not thinking anything of it I shut my bike off. Now it won't start and no matter where I move the shifter it will not light up the neutral light. The only error code I am getting from the Guages is Check. I know there's a neutral switch. Anyone think it could be bad? I still have a warranty on the bike I'm thinking I may need to take it in? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
clutch lever in and kickstand up.. kill switch in run position?

sometimes you have to roll the bike foward or backward to get it into/out of neutral

those are the common simple things a lot of people overlook.

check that stuff and go from there

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I let it cool down and went back outside to try and start it again. When I turned the key on the neutral light came on. I'm gonna go for a ride and see what happens.
I did try the things you suggested with no results.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Check your oil!

Sounds silly, but I've found that neutral is much more difficult to find when the bike has too much oil in it. Get someone to hold the bike level, so that you can get down really low and look at the window with the bike perfectly level. Seems to me that it shifts smoothest when it's about 3/4 to the "F." If it's over the "F" line, try draining a few ounces.

·
Registered
597 Posts
gahdzila said:
Check your oil!

Sounds silly, but I've found that neutral is much more difficult to find when the bike has too much oil in it. Get someone to hold the bike level, so that you can get down really low and look at the window with the bike perfectly level. Seems to me that it shifts smoothest when it's about 3/4 to the "F." If it's over the "F" line, try draining a few ounces.
1+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts