Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I bought my 2001 SV650S with only the nose fairing and the tail fairings are kind of beat up. I want to get a new set of fairings and paint them white, but I'm having the hardest time finding unpainted fairings for my 2001 SV650S.

I'm aiming for the stock look because I like the bike being naked, but I'm open to other kit possibilities. Does anyone have any websites that sell fairing kits? If I did buy used fairings that were a different color could I just get them repainted?

I also am looking for a new tank because mines pretty knackered. Apparently it had a leak and they soldered the hell out of it for some reason. I might be able to take it some where and sand it down, but I'm not sure yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :worship:

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Are you looking for full-fairings (like posted above) or just replacement for your current stock pieces?
If the latter, you're not going to find any OEM sets unpainted unless they're reproductions/race versions. Considering the last 1st gen sold in the states was 10+yrs ago, NOS (new old stock) may be difficult to source and would likely only be available in the colors released for 1st gens.
You may be able to source some from overseas as there were other markets with the SV650 and SV400 which should use the same plastics.
Your best bet for replacement fairings or tank is to watch the classifieds here, ebay, and other racing forums. That or go through a parts dealer and pay for new parts (if available).
Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are you looking for the stock upper fairing or aftermarket full fairings?

I have a stock upper fairing that I'm looking to sell. It's black though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you looking for the stock upper fairing or aftermarket full fairings?

I have a stock upper fairing that I'm looking to sell. It's black though.
As of right now I'm just in the process of looking around trying to get an idea of how much money I need to spend and what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the offer though ANGELofDEBT.

I'm kind of digging the website idea above its basically getting back to stock. I'm not sure whether I want to keep it naked or not. I think I'll most likely keep it naked, but the SVATX1 - Complete Street Kit looks tempting.

More possibilities would be appreciated though thank you.

·
Registered
421 Posts
does anyone have any photos of the SVATX1 kit installed?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I did google it and only found the ones on the site its self and one other with custom paint that looked horible. I'm new but not that new, so i do know how to use the search function. I liked it in the solid color though.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ive seen these. If i wanted a GSXR i would buy one.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Ive seen these. If i wanted a GSXR i would buy one.
If following that logic, might as well cancel the thoughts on the ATX kit as well.

At this point, if you're just looking for a replacement for your current fairings (I can't tell what you're looking for although I did inquire for clarification) then your best bet is to pick up someone's used parts here or watch ebay.
Again, you'll find nothing unpainted unless it's a reproduction from someone like hotbodies or the like...

·
Registered
917 Posts
i have a 01-03 GSXR Sharkskin fairings in black for sale. Comes with the lights and fairing stay.

I had it on my First Gen. It is literally bolt on. If interested let me know i'll PM some pics

·
Registered
421 Posts
If following that logic, might as well cancel the thoughts on the ATX kit as well.

At this point, if you're just looking for a replacement for your current fairings (I can't tell what you're looking for although I did inquire for clarification) then your best bet is to pick up someone's used parts here or watch ebay.
Again, you'll find nothing unpainted unless it's a reproduction from someone like hotbodies or the like...
I'm not the one looking for it. Just puttin in my 2 cents about the setup. I like my sv naked.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

My apologies dan, I do believe I am looking for the basic stock look of the SV650S. The only pieces I am missing are left and right upper fairing pieces.

If I chose to, could I just repaint my old fairings and acquire the used upper fairings and paint those as well? Body work is one thing I am sort of lost on. What would you suggest?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Oh yes, you could certainly pick up used fairings and have them painted along with your current ones. Easiest would be to find some mint used ones that you didn't need to paint but worst case, you get them painted and it costs you a couple hundred to have it professionally done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh yes, you could certainly pick up used fairings and have them painted along with your current ones. Easiest would be to find some mint used ones that you didn't need to paint but worst case, you get them painted and it costs you a couple hundred to have it professionally done.
That doesn't sound to bad. I might just end up doing that so I can save some money and get my bike back to looking brand new.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Another option is to buy a nice head light and leave it naked. Streetfighters and naked bikes turn heads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The more I see naked SV650S the more I'm drawn to the idea. I have been thinking about possibly modding my front fairing and keeping it completely naked. Any ideas for a single seat tail fairing? It might just be easier to get a seat cowl, but ideas are always welcome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts