Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So most recently i ran my first race weekend on a set of power one's and had a wickedly good time. They've got a track day or friday practice left in them for sure but i'll be getting a new set for saturdays practice. I was running 1:33's consistently on my second day, and the fast end of guys on 600's in rookie were doing 1:27's (fastest superbikes dipping into the high 1:21's).

I really cant complain about the power one's outright grip, when it was hot out the front end had more grip then i knew what to do with, and had good drive coming out of the corners. You've really got to watch the rear tire for when it starts to wear through the tread tho because when it gets to a certain point it will insta-high side you.

So i'm not really thinking i want to run another set of michelins. What i loved about the michelins was the super stiff front carcass under braking, I was outbraking guys that were faster then me mid corner on dunlop slick shod 600's, with ****ty little stock brakes which i thought was cool. They didn't make me fall in love with them on corner exit which leads me to my two options.

CHOOSING BETWEEN
bridgestone 250 slick. I kind of have a love affair with bridgestone tires, love the tire profiles of their fronts for tip in, and find the rear very predictable. COST - 375
(although i did learn the hard way not to run them without warmers on an overcast day)

Dunlop (D209 GP) 160 UK spec - dunlop vender can get that tire and i can run it with either the american or uk front - COST - 400

Never ran a dunlop, think i might like the front tire but probably not the rear. I dont know....

Opinions?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I loved the B'stone slicks on my SV. A great choice if you don't mind the comments about the chicken strips that you can never get rid of. ;)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I loved the B'stone slicks on my SV. A great choice if you don't mind the comments about the chicken strips that you can never get rid of. ;)
LoL cant quite get em off my michelins either. I'm pretty much done with this SV, couple more weekends and it's getting sold to buy a 600. No one here is racing SV's so its not much fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts