Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've always had to play around with the clutch lever to get it positioned right before the bike would start. I changed the grips on the bike, went to restart it, and nothing happens. I cannot seem to get the clutch in a position that will allow the starter to work. Where is the particular switch/sensor and what should I do to it?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I went ahead and bypassed the safety switch. All is well, so long as I remember to leave it in neutral when I start...

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
If you want to fix it without jumping, there is a notch in the lever that the switch fits into, and it gets flipped on or off as you pull the lever in. You could unscrew the switch on the underside, then make sure the switch is seated inside that groove.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah. I wish you had said something about 10 minutes ago! Maybe I'll go ahead and do that eventually, but for now I'm just happy she starts.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
if the adjustment doesn't work, It is possible the switch is on its way out.
to test it, take a DVOM on the continuity setting. check the switch. as you cycle it on or off, the continuity will sitch from there to none. if nothing changes then the switch is bad.

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
It's a good idea to pull the clutch lever in any time you start the bike whether you're in N or not and whether you have the switch bypassed or not. :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
It's a good idea to pull the clutch lever in any time you start the bike whether you're in N or not and whether you have the switch bypassed or not.
why do u say this? its somethign i do agree with just dont know why it would make any difference. (i actually do it out of habit, because of this bike)

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
It's just extra insurance against the bike taking off on you. It's the same thing with cars. There are cars out there that don't have clutch safety switches just like there are bikes out there without them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts