Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to slap my bellypan on my bike next weekend, but I need to wrap the exhast first so it doesn't melt. Can anyone recommend a brand or a place to get it online, or should i just get whatever I find.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I had a belly pan/chin spoiler with no wrap and no problem for two years.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
why??

·
Registered
2,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
you can get that stuff from a lot of places. JCWhitney catalogs, probably ebay, expect about $50. then it comes down to what color you want and how wide(1" or 2") go with the 2 inch, ive seen black white and copper. and then dont forget to wet it when putting it on.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Try reading the OP.

i saw that, the pipe doesn't/shouldn't touch the bellypan and a wrap will make the pipe more brittle and easier to crack...

hence...

why?

:nana:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How crucial is the spray? I've seen a few places that sell it in a kit that comes with a rattle can of (i think) silicone spray, which is something I hadn't counted on.
i bought the black wrap with a can of black spray. the spray is actually a high temp paint and works like a glue... its not necessary but it did make the wrap look good, the color nice and even. Without it the wrap wasnt as black as i wanted it. I also F'd up doing mine and didnt wet the wrap, there were no instructions and i was too impatient. If it is done right you should wait for the wrap to dry before spraying it, wetting it makes it wrap 10x better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We used exhaust tape on several race car headers and the headers rusted out quickly. Moisture gets trapped under the exhaust tape and rots the pipes out. It does significantly reduce the heat transmitted from the exhaust. I think it would be OK for stainless pipes, but not the thin OEM exhausts on the Suzukis. A metal shield with a 1/4 inch of high temperature insulation spaced 1/4 to 3/8" away from the exhaust will work well, but is more work to make.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also new to the sv world and am in need of guiding. I am going to build a custom header and use a scorpion slip on. what I need to know is what size pipe to use on the header or what size aftermarket headers use. any help would greatly appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts