Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I rather believe it's a CL175, as far as I can tell, from '70-71 or 2. Mine (CB175) was even the same colour. The Oz-delivered carbs weren't CV but some Oz fuel specs differed from US; and still often do.

·
very big dumb
8,892 Posts
I hate to see bikes left out in the weather to just turn to rust.
true. that thing should have been scrap metal a long time ago (shortly after manufacture date). Rust = less money for metal

/former cb350 owner. no ****tier bike exists.

·
Banned
855 Posts
true. that thing should have been scrap metal a long time ago (shortly after manufacture date). Rust = less money for metal

/former cb350 owner. no ****tier bike exists.
Lol don't tell that to my dad as it was his favorite bike he ever owned. But it was also bored and stroked to a 400.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Is it seized? Does the tank hold gas? How mechanically inclined are you?

It might be, but it's gonna take quite a bit of work.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure on any of the following conditions. I emailed him back. I'm fairly mechanically inclined. My dad used to have an old 73 CB-450 that i tore apart and put back together and learned points systems, so I'm fairly confident with my abilities.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
If it has a title and runs then it could be cafed but looking at that I bet you could sink a grand or more to get it in nice shape - a lot more if it needs engine work. It seems CL parts are a lot rarer than CB parts.

·
Banned
855 Posts
Yeah he doesn't have a title for it. I've never worked with a bike that has no title, what's required for that?
Make him file the paperwork for a duplicate title before you buy it. He is just a lazy seller if he can't be bothered to pay $15 to file for a replacement title. That is unless it is a lien paperwork title. Then you don't get the title but just the registration. Does the owner have a registration slip in their name?

I will never do a deal without a title unless the owner has it registered in their name with proof. Last time that happened I learned a lesson about stolen property. Ah to be young, dumb, and full of hootzvah.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts