Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's been conversation if it's possible to hang with 1 Liter bikes in twisties on a SV650... I've even been called a liar for saying that I can - especially without draggin my knee or hanging 5' off the bike.

I'll never forget what the guy on the GSXR1000 at Deal's Gap said when we took our helmets off - "Either you're really good, or that bike is awesome in turns"

How many of you think it's no big deal to show up a 1L in 30-80mph twisties?

----Just found lost pics-------

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hell, the group I usually ride with is mostly litre's...they have a complete understanding not to hold back and wait for me cause they know I'll catch em when we hit the corners. On the "big deal or not" thing, I could really care less just cause I am out enjoying my time. God, it's so much fun!!!
:D

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The age old question/quote

With the right suspension mods yes you can hang or pass some riders but you lose in the straights.It's the rider and not the bike.(Well maybe considering a 1000 I4 has 150 to 170 hp compare to 65 to 70 hp).

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
You can't do a poll, because you aren't a paying member.

Maybe the guy on the Litre bike can only ride in a straight line? Maybe the only practice he gets turning, is into the parking lot of Starbucks/McDonalds/BP, to stand next to his Litre bike and tell stories? Maybe you have some mad mad motorcycle skillz? No, that's not it........you ride a girls bike. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
i find it intresting when people define what a girls bike is, anyone can ride a I4 1000 if they need to compinsate for their tiny *****.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could really care less just cause I am out enjoying my time. God, it's so much fun!!!
:D
Yeah, I'm all about "just having fun", but for me that is riding as fast as I can for the conditions (familiarity w/ road, gravel, traffic, etc.) in rural areas.

Honestly, I found these pictures while ordering some poster prints and hadn't seen them before. Figured, hell - good time for this question.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't have the skills or the ego to even try. Besides you need at leat one "crotch rocket" in front of you at all times that way the LEO's go after them not you.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
only if the rider on the 1L bike is less skilled than I

·
Registered
729 Posts
When in the curves, it has very little to do with the bike and a LOT to do with the rider. I see liter bikes get their butts handed to them on a regular basis by "little" 600's, sport-touring bikes, older BMW bikes, and even a new liter bike by an early 90's GSXR-750. I've seen a guy on a beat up old CBR600 walk away from the liter bike guys like they are in first gear and 1/4 throttle.....Heck, I knew a guy who could pass them on a down hill on a scooter and have seen bicyclists tail-gate them on a down hill. Just because someone has a liter bike does not mean they know how to ride........I bet the right rider can smoke the [email protected] out of a new liter bike with a lesser skilled rider while limping along on a little Aprilia RS-50.....Yeap....it's not the bike, it's the rider......unless you are a monkey going in a straight line, then....it has a lot more to do with the bike. ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Mmmmm... Repsol...

What was the question? Oh yeah. With equal riders, no, I can't hang with a literbike anywhere, and neither can any of you. Can some of the better riders here (not me) hang with mediocre riders on literbikes when the road is tight? Absolutely.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
bikes don't hang with other bikes in the turns, riders hang with other riders. why is this so difficult for people to understand?

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
bikes don't hang with other bikes in the turns, riders hang with other riders. why is this so difficult for people to understand?
Many SV riders feel the need to trash talk faster bikes to make them feel better about their girl's bike.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Well if the guys 1000's can actually ride at a fast pace, prolly not.

Judging from the photo's, the guys you are with don't. Infact, looks like you guys are at a dragon harley pace, and yes you can tell by photos.

JBalla, you guys are riding slow as **** sorry, JMO. There is nothing wrong with that, you should ride at a speed you are comfortable with.

·
Registered
722 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts