Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a 1999 SV for racing. it is a naked model.in order to get more riding time on it I want to be able to switch it to a road bike between races. I want to buy another upper fairing and cut in the lights from a 99-02 S model. does anyone know if the wiring connections are compatible? are there any other solutions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe you need to have a new wiring harness. but I'm not sure. You could attempt you wire up an easy-switch hookup for both light setups... but why bother with mounting and unmounting the fairing and lights everytime you ride? you could always just get some dual headlights and leave it at that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes, it will work as the only thing that really is switched between the two is the bulb and it's holder (that 2 1/2" circle black piece that holds the base of the bulb and locks it onto the headlight fixture). The wiring harness is for the gauges, that you can't switch. Or at least not without a major headache involved. The other thing you will need in this is a SVS fairing stay to mount the headlight to the frame. And then you have to worry about the SV gauges fitting into the new space you have to work with. Not entirely difficult to do, but could prove to be a little costly with the prices of things on Ebay lately. The other pain is finding all the hardware for this mod and plastic at a reasonable price. Yada yada yada..... Good luck friend!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help. I am planning on using the Cheetah race bodywork and I already have a fairing stay so it might be fairly easy. thanks again. ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts