Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've got a Suzuki DL 650 (wee-strom). I suppose it's kinda related to an SV and you look like you have more fun than the guys on the V-strom forums so I was hoping I could belong.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
no no no SV's only gawd, we let one in then anybody with any old bike can get in. :)

·
Chief Greeter
28,721 Posts
Hey guys. I've got a Suzuki DL 650 (wee-strom). I suppose it's kinda related to an SV and you look like you have more fun than the guys on the V-strom forums so I was hoping I could belong.
Hi isjameso, Welcome to SVR. This is a Suzuki friendly forum.

Have fun and ride safe!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Welcome. There are parts commonality between the dl's and sv's so that's your 'in.'

Post up some pics!

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Not only are you welcome here, but if you travel on the wee, you will get extra props for ride reports and pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wound up with a DL because by the time I called the dude selling the SV it was gone. You guys sure know how to make a guy feel welcome.

And a little scared.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to the board!

It's true it's not an SV, but the V-strom is a d&mn good bike for it's purpose!

My father rides one. Every time we ride together he impresses me with it's ability to lean in the twisties, etc.

Blair at SV racing (a site supporter) sells Superbrace fork braces for them. They are REALLY EFFECTIVE on the V-strom to keep it tracking nice in the curves.

Regards
Darryl

PS. I lived in Saskatoon for most of my earlier life

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
You can only join if you send me money. ;)

Ok, not really. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome to our humble little pysch ward. People here are great, a little twisted humor now and again, but all in fun. My hubby has the V-Strom 1000 and loves it. He rides my bike now and then, but it makes his hips cramp.;D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts