Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 93 CBR that has a Suzuki SV front end. But I'm not sure what year the front end is. I need a new fork seal so if anyone can tell me I'd appreciate it.
Heres some pics http://public.fotki.com/CBRf23/ ...if need more specific pics of parts or close up of forks just let me know. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Ahhh..... A SMS (aka - Stunt Monkey Special). The bashed in tank gives it away. Not a bad hammer job, either.

Not judging - that's just what it appears to be.

Anyway - that's a first-gen front end ('99-'02) Doesn't matter what year you pick (you can't tell anyway - 'cept maybe the '00's - I believe they had two pinch bolts on the right side). The seals from any of these years will fit.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
99s also have 2 pinch bolts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I found out today its a 2001 sv650 front end. I went to the suzuki/honda dealer to see if they could tell me and one of the guys that worked their knows the guy who used to own the bike. Thanks again. BTW it is definitely a stunter, but I'm converting it back to street... kinda. I got a new tank and tail that I'm going to paint this winter. I put turn signals and a bike speedo on it (so I can go take my license test this wednesday!) I'm gonna paint the tank, tail, front fairing, and front fender the bad ass SUPER DARK charcoal of the new trailblazers. I'm also gonna repaint the subframe (its flat black already, which im keeping, but it needs some touching up) Thats all this winter though....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts