Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Safety Adviser
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you Devildogs are located in or around Camp Pendleton, I flew out yesterday to help teach Total Control Level I and II for the marines here this week. If anyone one is around the area (even if you are not taking the class) stop by the Big parking lot where they land choppers and say hello!!!

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Gosh dern it. You're only about 22 years to late. I sure hope this program establishes a beachhead, and is repeatedly widely and often.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yes, but once they harness it they'll be an unstoppable force in the um, Force.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Eeek, change the "ex-marine" to "former marine" before someone gets hurt. lol.
That's a crazy group of wackos lol.

I still think "Devil Dog's Hot Dog Stand" would be an awesome business worth many monies.
LOL, no kidding! After he retired from the Marines my dad drilled it into us pretty quick that he's not, nor will he ever be, an ex-Marine. Or a former Marine. Or even a retired Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine!

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
LOL, no kidding! After he retired from the Marines my dad drilled it into us pretty quick that he's not, nor will he ever be, an ex-Marine. Or a former Marine. Or even a retired Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine!
D*mn Skippy! Well, except for that whole Lee Harvey thing.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
If any of you Devildogs are located in or around Camp Pendleton, I flew out yesterday to help teach Total Control Level I and II for the marines here this week. If anyone one is around the area (even if you are not taking the class) stop by the Big parking lot where they land choppers and say hello!!!
How did the class go? Were the students receptive, especially to the zen mindset rather than "Just teach us riding already"?

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
How did the class go? Were the students receptive, especially to the zen mindset rather than "Just teach us riding already"?
You've obviously never read Sun Tzu's Art of War. We have.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
You've obviously never read Sun Tzu's Art of War. We have.
:p The class has some classroom time that focuses on rider mental states. Some people would just want to ignore it and get on with the riding, especially younger types. That's what I was talking about.

I have read Sun Tzu.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Well, yeah. That's true, too. I was just trying to sound high-brow. Did it work?

I sure wish they would have had something like this when I was there. The MSF courses were required and free, but this the logical next step. Paying for track days was tough when there wasn't a war going on.

·
Safety Adviser
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spent today getting the ranges ready. Start teaching tomorrow. 36 students per day, Teaching both Level I and Level II back to back. 400 Students in all. Should be a lot of fun. One of mt fellow coaches is also a retired Marine. We have 7 coaches here ready to hit the ground running!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I still think "Devil Dog's Hot Dog Stand" would be an awesome business worth many monies.
Actually, There is a "Devil Dogs" on the Air Station. If your talking about the HOLF in 62 area, I may drop by tomorrow (Tuesday), and I'll be there Saturday for the Track Day if you're there then as well.

By the way, Pendleton, not Pendelleton, just thought you should know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Really glad they started this program for marines. Especially since I'm going to bootcamp in a couple months here, hehe.

How long do they plan on continuing lessons at Camp Pendleton?

·
Registered
490 Posts
No such thing as an "EX" Marine. We dont divorce the Marine Corps.

Although, some do.

I met with Lee Parks out in DC a few months back at the Convention Center. He said he was trying to get some TC class involved with the Navy bases as well as Marines. I work on a Navy base as a DOD Civ and would love for the squids to have the opportunity to attend the TC classes. (So i can come too.) Mr. Parks didn't really have any promising evidence of it happening though...(yet.) boo.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Spent today getting the ranges ready. Start teaching tomorrow. 36 students per day, Teaching both Level I and Level II back to back. 400 Students in all. Should be a lot of fun. One of mt fellow coaches is also a retired Marine. We have 7 coaches here ready to hit the ground running!
Outlaws, I sent you a PM.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts