Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally bought a video camera to mount on the SV and here's what i did.
1) buy camera

2) buy hardware

3) mount hardware

- unscrew radiator side cover, line up L bracket hole w/ radiator side cover hole and then screw down
4) mount camera and record
- coming soon due to rain

·
Registered
372 Posts
:thumbsup: Looks good. Cheap, easy mount worked well.

I think I heard someone say they put tape over the microphone of the camera to cut down on the wind noise. May be worth a try.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, so i made a run over the mountain w/ the camera rolling and here's what i got.
sorry the sound still sucks, i'm going to have to get the camera replaced tomorrow due to a bad mic, i took a recording of my room in complete silence and there was still fuzz.
Oh, and its a 5 minute clip.

G

·
Good work.

I did something very similar a couple of months ago. My camera looks almost identical to yours:

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=72427

A week later I decided to do something to protect from the rain, bugs, etc... I used an x-acto knife slice up the nylon carrying pouch. Not perfect, but it works well enough. Also, helps to dampen the sound. It also makes the camera a little more inconspicuous.

I'm not really worried too much about a rock taking out the camera. I paid a little over $100 so it wouldn't be a huge loss.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i might try the cover thing, scoobinater.

oh, i also want to thank you scoob because i based my camera mount off your thread, only i couldn't find a t-bracket and i didn't have anything to bend it with at the time (i was out of town)

G

·
I got the idea of cutting the pouch from 88Hawaii (a former YouTube video blogger who had almost a thousand videos when YouTube suddenly deleted his stuff and locked his account over some alleged copyright violation).

He cut his camera pouch and used velcro to stick the camera right on his chest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.