Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came home tonight and noticed that my back tire was completely flat. I put it up on a stand and did a thorough check and there were no nails or obvious signs leading to a flat tire. I used an air compressor to bring the psi back up to 36.5 and then checked it in an hour and it was still at the same psi.

What could have caused this?
When riding today my bike did feel a little different for example it had a little bit of a wobble to it but nothing major. Its a brand new tire that was put on 2 weeks ago.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I check it before each ride so if not every day almost everyday.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Garage kept with door shut.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't figure it out for the life of me.

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
You said the tire was recently installed. Maybe the bead hadn't seated properly and a bump caused all the air to escape at once. Maybe when you filled it up again the bead came to it's proper position.

Maybe not.

Sent from my right shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I can't figure it out for the life of me.
Garage door shut huh? Sounds like an inside job then. You married and have life insurance? :what:

Sent from my right shoe phone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Checked it three hours after I filled it back up and it was still at the same psi..came down in the morning and the tire was flat.

·
Registered
818 Posts
So let me see if I understand this. You have a flat tire. You can't be bothered to air it up and check for leaks. You want a bunch of guys on the internet to diagnose/fix it long-distance? :disappointed:

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
It's already been said, but soapy water is your friend Buckaroo.

Get spray bottle.
Fill it with soapy water.
Spray down the wheel and tire, spray the bead and the valve stem too.
Look for soapy bubbles.
The bubbles will be where your problem is.

·
Registered
688 Posts
You have a nail in it. You've been riding it that way fine for weeks.. .didn't know- and now you parked it on the nail on the right angle that it presses on the nail just right to let air out slowly over night.

Put the thing on a stand- see if it runs out over night.

Better yet- just listen to the other 20 people that said soap and water.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Soap and water would entail taking the tire off the bike?

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd say that it's the valve stem. Although any shop should see signs of wear and replace it if thats the case. Like the others have said, soap & water are your friend and will tell you the deal very quickly.

Good luck, sucks to have to replace a brand new tire.

·
Registered
818 Posts
No. Squirt, observe, roll, squirt, etc.

Must we do EVERYTHING for every noob here?
And I thought we were going to get pics of him removing the radiator. Where else could he find the water to check the leak?

FWIW, if squirting/spraying/applying the water doesn't reveal the leak, immersion might be needed. Also, a mild soapy solution is usually all that's needed, not a strong one.

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
1 - 20 of 60 Posts