Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

As the title says I'm wondering if the front and rear cams on the pointy cams have the same profile just with different markings?

I'm trying to source some camshafts to put on my 2000 SV and I can only seem to find rear cams on UK eBay.

So therefore I'm wondering if I can get away with using two rear cams and just being careful with setting them up?

Sorry if I've overlooked some detail that makes this impossible to do but I can't see why not.

Thanks!

·
very big dumb
9,021 Posts
intake is intake exhaust is exhaust and they should be the same... yes markings will be different so you'll have to brain a little bit.
but why not just get a full set or do all of them with intakes?

the "good" combination is 2g intake cams as intakes and 1g intakes as exhausts
the "bigger" combination is 2g intake cams all around
the "all the power" combination is gladius cams all around

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
intake is intake exhaust is exhaust and they should be the same... yes markings will be different so you'll have to brain a little bit.
but why not just get a full set or do all of them with intakes?

the "good" combination is 2g intake cams as intakes and 1g intakes as exhausts
the "bigger" combination is 2g intake cams all around
the "all the power" combination is gladius cams all around

I've been looking for anyway to get hold of 2g cams but there seems to be an extreme lack of them in the UK. The only options I have is to buy whole engines/cylinder heads which ends up putting the price up to nearl £300 which is a bit much for a student budget like mine! Thank you for the link though I'll check out if the shipping is ok.

So you can put gladius cams into a first gen? Would this require a full exhaust/ rejetting/ both to see any benefit?

·
very big dumb
9,021 Posts
jetting yes, exhaust... up to you. but they are definitely going to open up the breathing quite a bit (they're more lift than even yoshi cams)
try quoting shipping from mad8v and see if it's affordable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts