Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a question about the famous camswap, i have the JHS advance key on my bike. Can i line up the cams properly with the use of F|?

What should i do? I really dont want to change back the key to the stock one...

·
Registered
5 Posts
does anyone know where i can find the cams? i have looked all over from yoshi to webcams and what not and cant find any. i have a 06 sv650 that i'm looking to put better cams in but i simply cant find them. any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
well i went to the local dealership near me and they cant find any performance cams for the second gen sv650.... i saw a set once on ebay and they were gone like thirty minutes later, but i didnt see if they were for a 1st or 2nd gen. but thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Its not performance cams, you use the intake cams for the 1st and 2nd gens.

You put in the 1st gen intake cams on the exhaust side

and

use 2nd gen intake cams on the intake side.

Depending which gen you have, you'll need to order one or the other. In your sig, looks like you have the 1st gen. So you need to order the intake cams for the 2nd gen(front and back).

If this thread isn't helpful enough, there's a link somewhere in this thread to bayarearidersforum. Then just follow how the cams are supposed to be positioned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a second gen, but i do thank you for that little tid bit of info, i was under the impression that i would need a full set of cams to replace the oem cams that are in there. you saved me a lil cash, appreciated.

·
Registered
881 Posts
bad a$$ in my opinion the bike looks like sh!t but I need to paint it and. clean it up you can still see all the plastic welds from when I crashed the 650 before I started the project. but I was not able to swap the frame I could have it I was eager to re weld brackets on the first gen frame so I swapped every thing els. I am just going to turn the 650 or what is left of it in to a street fighter. so I will have 2 kick a$$ bikes sted of one. sadly I do not have a dige camera so I have not thrown up pics but I need too and I will do a whole wright up about it soon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
just a few quick questions:

1. i see on this thread and on the barf cam thread that you guys marked the cam chain with a sharpy at the respective alignment markers.

is this because the chain is designed to sit specifically on those teeth? or is it just to help you remember that you need 16 lengths between the alignment markers?

2. step 11 on the barf thread: remove CCT. loosen adjuster nut before removing if reusing stock CCT.

my engine is still in the frame - found it verrrry difficult to get at the rear cylinder cct so ended up just undoing the allen key nuts - didn't loosen the adjuster nut. am I able to reuse my stock CCT? why does not loosening the adjuster nut render it unusable?

barf thread is here: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154847

-caleb

181 - 196 of 196 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.