·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone over to the dark side...

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Hate you. Go get some goggles and a stupid half helmet, then you will be on the dark side eurotrash. When can I ride it?

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Love it. Have fun on it.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that's pretty. Good Job! Is that the new EVO?
Yes, it is the new Monster 1100 EVO. I freaking love it! The riding position is very comfortable, it is narrow, is easy to toss around and it feels lighter and stops better than my SV. Where it really feels different is in smoothness. It is very lumpy off idle and really doesn't smooth out until you're above 4,000rpms. Much lumpier than the SV. I typically keep my SV around 5-6k rpms, I think this bike likes to cruise around 5-6k as well. Torque is awesome and it just leaps forward at freeway speeds when you downshift.

It will take some getting used to. I rode it home from the dealership this afternoon so I have about 20 miles on it now.

It sounds fantastic too.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Lumpy? You mean the engine or the suspension? If it's engine, it's probably running lean down low for EPA purposes. Do you get popping on decel?

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Congrats! That new SV is nice looking. Why did you have Ducati decals put on it? :nana:

·
Registered
328 Posts
ok, i'll call you snootybikejules, have fun on palomar with it. oh, it looks very nice.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lumpy? You mean the engine or the suspension? If it's engine, it's probably running lean down low for EPA purposes. Do you get popping on decel?
Yes, big time. It is definitely running lean. Suspension is great.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
does the darkside have cookies? I was told there would be cookies.

·
Registered
331 Posts
S.O.B. I would've done the black stripe on the tank, but that's just my preference and either way you win. Beautiful bike, great score! More pics would be cool if/when you get a chance. Enjoy that killer ride!

·
Registered
183 Posts
You don't HAVE to wash them with bottled water, but it's nice that you stocked up anyway.

Nice bike!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
S.O.B. I would've done the black stripe on the tank, but that's just my preference and either way you win. Beautiful bike, great score! More pics would be cool if/when you get a chance. Enjoy that killer ride!
As of now they come in two colors. Red with a white stripe and black with a silver stripe.

You can buy different panels though as part of the Monster Art program and completely change the look of your bike. I'm sure it's not cheap though.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts