Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
The guy I used to work for was a past instructor for CA SBS. I was lucky enough to get one on one instruction for him on cornering. You're going to have a blast!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not cheap. But right now I feel cars creeping up behind me in corners and if I had to take some evasive cornering maneuver, I'd be toast. I'm not sure I'd get into racing since I don't have the money to constantly repair a bike, but I see myself continuing my training even on a track.

Marc

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I wish I could take that, I have been learning all my cornering from more experienced riders but my brother took that school and he is amazing on a bike. He said that is the best investment you can make into motorcycling. That will be the best "mod" you can do for the money, is learn how to ride.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
There is a series of classes at VIR in May, hmmmmm.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I could take that, I have been learning all my cornering from more experienced riders but my brother took that school and he is amazing on a bike. He said that is the best investment you can make into motorcycling. That will be the best "mod" you can do for the money, is learn how to ride.

Did they have different levels when your brother took the class? They now have four levels. Though I'm not certain, it seems like each level is a separate two day work shop. I wouldn't be able to afford more then one per year.

Marc

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 level appears to be 390 if you take your bike. definitely something i see myself investing later this year.

not to mention, ive raced two cars on SOW and i wonder what it would be like to ride it on a bike

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have heard you can REALLY improve your riding with this class...

My dad and I are pretty set on taking one. Was thinking a one day but they have a two day camp over my birthday weekend in October so I may have to do that :).

Only thing is I was wanting to ride their bikes as I didnt want to put excessive wear on my bike and the risk of going down... But that was when I had an R6, which is pretty similar to a ZX-6R. I think taking the class on a bike similar to what you ride will help greatly which makes me think it could be better to take the class on the buell now that I am riding that, as its upright and will handle differently the the ZX's.

Anybody taken the course on their own bike? Thoughts?

Dad would definetly use a ZX as the harley is just to much for the course but the buell would fit in just fine I would imagine...

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'd love to take this class and most likely will sometime in the future. Learning to ride better and ultimately, onto a new level? Who wouldn't want to do that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts