Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday all,

Recently replaced my ECU with a California ECU (much cheaper than alternatives) and have the FI error becuase I dont have the emmisions evap canister obviously.

Can anyone suggest a work around to remove the light?

The bike is much better now and throttle response around town has improved

cheers

· Premium Member
776 Posts
Says code 62
"Evap system purge control solenoid valve circuit malfunction". Looks like it's looking for the solenoid that runs the Cali evap stuff. Same sort of issue as you get with the PAIR system delete, you can remove all the valves and hoses, but you have to leave the solenoid hooked up or it'll throw a code (49).

· Registered
35 Posts
Gday all,

Recently replaced my ECU with a California ECU (much cheaper than alternatives) and have the FI error becuase I dont have the emmisions evap canister obviously.

Can anyone suggest a work around to remove the light?

The bike is much better now and throttle response around town has improved

cheers
Why didn't you get the ECU remapped, too expensive?

· Premium Member
776 Posts
Strange thing being, I've searched around the web for a bit, and don't see anything about any sort of electrical items involved with the evap system on an SV (even Gen 3). It all kooks to be a system of hoses and check valves that run from/to the tank. 62 code is shown for some GSX-Rs, but I don't find it relating to an SV650. The codes for an SV stop at C49 which is a PAIR valve solenoid error.

· Registered
641 Posts
Strange thing being, I've searched around the web for a bit, and don't see anything about any sort of electrical items involved with the evap system on an SV (even Gen 3). It all kooks to be a system of hoses and check valves that run from/to the tank. 62 code is shown for some GSX-Rs, but I don't find it relating to an SV650. The codes for an SV stop at C49 which is a PAIR valve solenoid error.
You got me thinking back to when I stripped my Gen 3 down for racing. I was pretty sure there was an electrically operated valve associated with the evap canister so I went out to the workshop and had a sift through my shelf of cast offs and found this:
Auto part Automotive exterior Rectangle Electric blue Plastic

· Super Moderator
10,560 Posts
A 10k ohm 1/4w resistor will likely satisfy the ECM and make the FI error go away. Wire the resistor in place of the Evap coil.

If the gen3 Evap solenoid circuit is like the gen2 Pair solenoid circuit (likely) the ECM does not check for the exact coil resistance - that would require a current measurement, complicated. it only looks for a voltage to verify continuity through the coil.

Even though a 10k resistor will be way higher than the actual Evap coil resistance, the ECM is only looking for continuity. The bonus with using a high resistance value (10k) is there is no need to worry about the resistor getting hot, 1/4W is fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts