Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the CA emissions from a 1st gen bike?
I need a step by step process on removing it.
Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
take pair valve off(the thing next to fuel pump),take canister off the bike(it is on subframe under seat on left side)along with all hoses.
there are two metal pipes coming from cylinders(right under exhaust),one on each cylinder.rubber hose is attached to this pipes.take hoses off right there.now you got 2 options,either plug those pipes or take them off at cylinder and plug holes where pipe was attached.you can make plates out of aluminum and bolt them to cylinder.use gasket or sealer between plate and cylinder.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Doing this from memory, so bear with me.
I did the PAIR removal only.
I left the charcoal canister system in place as I feel it keeps gasoline vapors out of my garage.

Pair valve is on the right side of the bike. One large hose goes from the valve to the bottom of airbox. Two hoses go from the valve to metal pipes. The pipes bolt to the cylinder heads just under the exhaust ports, one front, one rear. I believe there is one other vacuum hose that goes from the valve to a T fitting on the rear carb.

Disconnect all 4 hoses. Unbolt the pair valve and remove it. Be patient getting it off and out of there ? I yanked on it and ended up scratching the frame.  Plug the nipple at the rear carb and the one on the airbox with vacuum caps. The one on the airbox is pretty big. You can then either plug the ends of the metal pipes with vacuum caps or remove the pipes and cover the opening in the cylinder heads with block off plates. I left the pipes on for a while, but eventually bought a set of block off plates and installed them.  The front one is easy ? getting the rear plate on takes patience and small hands.

Engine looks much cleaner with that junk off there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts