1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
seems pretty high. i'm not sure how many miles that is, but i'd wouldn't both unless you can get him down to atleast $3800 canadian. the lowers and pipe are nice. flush mount signals. not sure about the rear ones, could be integrated...?

seems pretty high for the price though.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
It's not too high...I think that's about the right price he still needs to go down a little bit....that's around 11000 miles in the odometor right?

If you can get it for 3500-3900 US dollars is a good price.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seems pretty high. i'm not sure how many miles that is, but i'd wouldn't both unless you can get him down to atleast $3800 canadian. the lowers and pipe are nice. flush mount signals. not sure about the rear ones, could be integrated...?

seems pretty high for the price though.
3800 CAD? That's like... 3100 USD... I haven't seen anything that low... The ones I've seen at that cost had much higher mileage and didn't come with exhaust or fairings...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not too high...I think that's about the right price he still needs to go down a little bit....that's around 11000 miles in the odometor right?

If you can get it for 3500-3900 US dollars is a good price.
15000 miles to be exact and if the price is right, it might just be the one...

I've also got my eye on an orange 03, similarly equipped, but with 35000 km (22000 miles)... How much mileage do you guys feel comfortable buying a used bike with?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Well since it is a '03 is not high mileage...just gotta make sure that has been taking care of...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok well the bike in the pic isn't the actual bike, but it was used as a reference. It's just like the one in the pic but has rear turn signals and the ones in the front aren't flush, they are OEM... Bike was in good condition, but he got into a small accident that damaged the fairing and the gas tank and were replaced with new ones... Best price he said he could do was 4800$ CAD (3980 USD)... Seems a little pricey IMO considering that the bike has been damaged in the past. Tires are new and the spring tune up is done.

I can find fully stock SV650S for about 4000$ CAD (3310 USD) but I'd have to dish out money to get the full lowering fairing (it's a must for me) and possibly more $ into an exhaust down the road. How much do fairings usually go for? Is it worth getting the base SV650S and then add the mods myself?

Thanks!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just as a comparison, I bought an 03 SV1000 with 11k miles for $3900 US....

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't think they've ever made the sv in ORANGE.
I may be stretching here but I bet he meant copper, don't be an snob, I'm sure you knew what he was talking about.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Used 2005 yellow SV650S 10000km owned by a 54 year old secretary pretty stock for 5000$+tax(Canadian)... Loan rate at 3.75%... Either finance over 3 years at about 150 per month or finance for 6 months and I'll have it fully paid off by September at most...

Or brand new SV650S ABS, black, 0km, never owned, fully stock but fully faired for 9000$ all inclusive... Financing through the dealership over 4 years was about 215/month at around 8% if I'm not mistaken... I'll have to check if I'd be able to get that 3.75% interest rate on the new bike through my bank...

I'll probably go for the used one unless someone is able to convince me otherwise...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts