Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'm buying my first bike, a 2002 SV650 on Tuesday. I'm a 5'2" female rider.. anyone got any hints? I'm getting it lowered three inches. :)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome. My first hint is don't get it lowered. There are plenty of vertically challenged riders here that are 5'2"...me included. I won't say I love moving the bike around in a parking lot, but it's manageable. All I did was get a Suzuki low seat. You can cut down a stock seat with the same results and it won't effect the way the bike handles.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome! Don't sweat it to much, these bikes are actually pretty well balanced. I'm 5'3 and I have no problem with the stock bike at all. I'll probably send my seat out to Spencer at Greatdaytoride.com, but that's more for comfort than anything else... but he does cut the seat down about an inch. I'm just able to get the tips of my toes down on the stock seat, but it doesn't bother me at all, I just flat foot the left side at lights. Of course, I'm 170 lb powerlifter so that helps me I'm sure... lol, but still. If you feel like you just can't get comfortable just cut the seat down first, and if that's still not enough you can put lower dogbones on, most local Suzuki places will do it if you can't do it yourself (or don't have a bike mechanic as a friend).

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Welcome. My first hint is don't get it lowered. There are plenty of vertically challenged riders here that are 5'2"...me included. I won't say I love moving the bike around in a parking lot, but it's manageable. All I did was get a Suzuki low seat. You can cut down a stock seat with the same results and it won't effect the way the bike handles.
i agree 100%.

when you're backing the bike up; try getting off of it, instead of trying to tippy-toe backwards.

as for advice; i'm sure you've heard of the msf course. take it. don't think you're expert rider because you completed it. relax and have fun. everyone who drives a car is an ******* and should die. now that you know it, don't let them **** you off when they do something stupid. be surprised when they don't and your day will be all the better for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts