Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Black '07 SV1000S and need an exhaust. I'm torn between the $750 Ti or CF Two Bros M-5, or the dirt cheap ~$450 Leo Vince Evo II.

Is the Two Bros really worth the extra $300? From what I've heard on youtube clips, it seems the Two Bros does sound better...

Also, the Leo Vince I'm looking at is Stainless/Aluminum, which if polished, should clean up easier than Ti or CF, right?

I ride every day (about 1500 miles a month) and need something sturdy and easy to keep clean. Thanks again for any help...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Are you looking for a "system"? Or just a set of cans?

Yoshimura is the best bang for the buck IMO. RS3 race cans sound about the best w/o being stupid loud, and can be had in SS brand new for just over $400.
(FWIW I've had Yoshi RS3's, Micron Ti's, and M4 Ti's)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Two Bros carbon. Sounds awesome, looks killer on a black bike!

·
Registered
53 Posts
[/IMG]
Are you looking for a "system"? Or just a set of cans?

Yoshimura is the best bang for the buck IMO. RS3 race cans sound about the best w/o being stupid loud, and can be had in SS brand new for just over $400.
(FWIW I've had Yoshi RS3's, Micron Ti's, and M4 Ti's)
second all of what was said here.

You're not asking the usual question which typically revolves around horse power and performance. Not saying thats bad but it sounds as though looks and sound might be more of whats on your mind.

If thats the case the Yoshimura RS3 is a great choice. I had them on my TLR sounded great it was a full system, but I suspect the cans themselves will provide the same great sound. Also M4 is another good one although they may not look so good as the RS3.

btw your stepping into this thinking exhaust, but what you might come to find out is that a PCIII will compliment the system a new air box or after market filter will help increase power and...well... the list goes on.

once you start its hard to stop.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not as concerned about the horsepower, just looking for a set of slip-ons to bring out some sound. To be honest, the SV1000S has more power than I can put to the slippery asphalt here in San Antonio most times anyway. I've had second gear tire spin on dry pavement...

So, sound, followed by ease of maintenance and longevity are my primary concerns. I've got a source for $695 for the CF or Ti Two Bros M-5, but was concerned about staining of the Ti/CF systems.

I've had some trouble keeping road grime off the 'matte' finish of the stock exhaust. When it rains here, the grime and road oil are amazingly hard to get off the bike and exhaust.

Does anyone have experience to relate with the Two Bros Ti or CF pipes as far as cleaning goes?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have Two Bros carbon fiber M2 exhausts on my '05 SV1000S and have put over 15,000 miles on them and despite a slight bit of fading, they still look great. As far as cleaning goes, a little soap and water is all they need. I had D&Ds and Art on my naked SV1000 before I sold it and had an M4 full system on my S. To my ears, the Two Bros (pic below) are the loudest, best sounding exhausts I've owned. I think they are definitely worth the money. But to be honest, I originally bought them because of their looks. I'm a sucka for bling. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all for the inputs. I think I'll go with the Two Bros CF M-5, economy and bills be ****ed.

Gracias to all for fueling my addiction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts