Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the hunt for a 2nd gen SV650 and right now the only one in my area is an '04 SV650N with 10K mi, new continental road attacks, and new brakes. I haven't gone to look at it yet as its about an hour away, but from the description the bike is in excellent condition and has never been down. Seller is not willing to go below $3800. I've been looking around on the forum and found almost identical SVs going for $3500 OBO. I realize prices vary in certain regions and I was curious if anyone else thought $3800 was a bit much?

·
Chief Greeter
28,482 Posts
Hi SuziKawiYama, Welcome to SVR. I wonder if he raced the bike to go through the tires and brakes in 10,000 miles?! Go check both bikes out, then decide. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
10k miles seems a little much, but not too bad, that's right around typical mileage. new brakes also adds to the suggestions that it was raced.

is there anyway you can get around paying large fees for registering it in your name, like receiving it as a "gift." you'd save around $400 if you didn't have to pay to register it since it was "gifted" to you.

this is how i got mine. bought it for 3500. guy wouldn't budge at all. but he "gifted" it to me, and that saved me around $320.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses guys. I was a little put off by the new tires and brakes so soon. I really just wanted to be sure I made the right move walking on this bike. I'm sure if I wait it out I can find another one at a more reasonable price.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds a little high to me.

I got my 2007 SV650 with under 4k miles for $4000

·
Registered
706 Posts
10k miles seems a little much, but not too bad, that's right around typical mileage..
i have an 04 with 20000 miles on it i think 10k miles is low ,

i went through the stock tires around 9K miles , i probably would have needed brake pads too if i didnt rely on engine brakeing , i payed 5600 for mine with 1500 miles on it , in 05 , if you like the one youre looking at it buy it .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts