Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm buying a 2007 sv650 abs model with about 2k miles on it. The bike looks mint condition, clean title. The asking price is 5k. It's very difficult to get abs version in our area (no dealers have them, CL is empty for months. Still... Am i getting a good deal? :) Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just bought mine after looking all around the country for an almost new naked. Ended up with an 08 non-ABS with 1,600 miles and a few nice mods. Paid about $5,200. Your deal sounds about right from my experience.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. this bike has a few really nice mods for commuting plus extended warranty for the next 2.5 years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A bit off topic, but ABS only came on 07 and 08 models right? was in only on the nakeds or was it on the S models as well?

Is there anything in the model name to differentiate it from a non ABS model? How can I pick out ABS on an SV just by looking. Just wondering as I start thinking about SV's. I'll prob end up with an older non ABS SV since I haven't seen a single SV listed with ABS around here.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
A bit off topic, but ABS only came on 07 and 08 models right? Yes. And 09. was in only on the nakeds or was it on the S models as well? S and Naked models.

Is there anything in the model name to differentiate it from a non ABS model? No. How can I pick out ABS on an SV just by looking. I believe the only visual difference is an ABS control module under the seat. Just wondering as I start thinking about SV's. I'll prob end up with an older non ABS SV since I haven't seen a single SV listed with ABS around here.

I think I'm good on this. Others feel free to correct me though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just to put it in persepective I got my 07 S no abs for 6k in sept 07. Its up to you whether you think your getting a good deal or not. But remember this no matter what you buy your whole life if you wait long enough you can find a better deal, but is it worth the wait?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Abs models have a ABS sticker on the front fenders as well as different wheels. Around the hubs there is a aluminum slotted rotors that is meant for a snesor to pick up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
As others have pointed out, look for the slotted rotor thing near the hub on the front wheel...that's an ABS sensor. ABS is on the left below...normal brakes on the right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts