Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colina2 joined up this board very recently and has almost no post count. He contacted me through PM with a sob story about how he just missed out on a rim on ebay for such a good deal and he had hit a pothole with his and bent it and he wanted to buy mine. We worked out a deal and I sold him the rim for a STEAL of a price. He paid through paypal and I mailed out the rim which cost $30 to ship. He only paid $150 through paypal and after fees I made about $90 to $100 on the rim.

The rim arrived and he told me that he had received it and was happy with it. He said it looked dirtier than it was in the pictures but I didn't worry about that. About 2 weeks later (after he has been using it for 2 weeks) he sends me a message wanting a refund because my rim is bent. I explained that it was my track rim and it had been used at speeds over 100mph with zero imbalance or wobble. I also explained that after him having it for so long I could not refund his money. I also suggested that he check out his forks/axle/rotors since he had already admitted to hitting a pot hole. He then told me that he had been to 3 shops who all told him my rim was bent. Even though I couldn't prove that he didn't bend it after getting it I told him to provide me with proof from a shop that it was bent and I would refund his money. He told me that he didn't have to provide me with anything and he proceeded to tell me that he would file a paypal claim and he would get his money back.

He filed the claim and I provided paypal with all the evidence of the non-bent rim that I shipped to him and they told him to send me the rim back and he could have his money back. He then sent me back a completely different rim than what I sent him. The rim he sent me is not the one I sent him but it does not appear to be visually damaged. I have to go pay for a shop to check the run-out to know for sure but it certainly isn't the one I sent him and it had rotors on it when the one I sent him didn't so I think he just found a cheaper rim with rotors and sent me that one back so he wouldn't have to swap the tire/rotors. I can't prove this but that is my suspicions. It is definitely not the rim I sold him.

I fought and fought with paypal and even got a notarized affadavit ccertifying that what he sent me was not what I sold him but as they usually do they sided with the buyer. I fought it for 2 weeks and finally gave up. I'm out $200 and don't even know the history of the rim I have and can't in good faith sell it without taking it to a shop and paying to have it checked.

I suspect he planned to scam me along and that is why he wouldn't buy through ebay because he knows that ebay has stricter policies for the seller than paypal. At one point he even told me that he knew he was going to get his money back and he wasn't worried about it. I moved on and took it as a lesson learned. I even PMed Disco Stew and explained the whole situation to try and keep anyone else from getting burned but of course I didn't get a response. Never thought I would.

Today he logs on to leave me a negative itrader rating. I think enough people on here know me and know my reputation so I'm not so worried about that aspect but I do want to make sure that no one else gets burned by this guy. Stay away from him at all costs. He is bad news!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sorry to hear. Karma will come back to him. Sad to say though its easy enough for him to create a new account and do this to someone else on SVR.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear. Karma will come back to him. Sad to say though its easy enough for him to create a new account and do this to someone else on SVR.
That is true. I PMed DiscoStew to make him aware of the IP address at a minimum so he could keep an eye out but as I said he never even acknowledged receipt.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I PMed him. It doesn't matter. I handled it. I've never gotten any kind of response from any Admin on this site since VS took over. I never expected to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts