Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posted this review at resellerratings. Figured it might be helpful for the folks here.

I ordered four items from Oneida's site. After several days of hearing nothing, got an email that one of the items was backordered.

Email was from a no-reply account, so I was forced to go online and submit a generic email with instructions to cancel the backordered item and ship the rest.

Several more days passed, with not a word. I submitted yet another email, asking about the status of my order.

Another day passed. Now it was a week since I placed the order, and I had no idea if anything was shipping.

I decided to call them, and used the number displayed on their site. Got a voice recording that told me to submit requests via the email form on their site (and I guess just hope for a response).

I Googled around and found another phone number for them. After a few attempts finally got someone on the phone. He cut me off after a few words ("I placed an order online and--") and blurted out that oneidasuzuki.com was different than Oneida Suzuki, even though they both had the same address. I was taken aback by his rudeness and what he was telling me. I started to ask a couple of questions to figure things out, and he hung up on me. I called back and he placed me on hold before I could say anything. After a few minutes of nothing, I called back again, only to receive a busy signal.

I then called my bank to contest the charge. BUT ... since I used PayPal, which withdrew directly from my checking account, I was out of luck. I then filed a dispute with PayPal, and within minutes received an email from oneidasuzuki.com that my order was cancelled. They promptly refunded my money to PayPal.

So much wrong with this company, I don't know where to start.

1) Items on backorder should be listed as such on their site.
2) Why did it take several days just to tell me there was a delay?
3) I should have been able to reply to their email, and should not have had to take all the unnecessary steps of going to their site and submitting a generic email form.
4) The worst part ... making it nearly impossible to talk to someone about an order I placed. This just doesn't happen anywhere else (or at least anywhere else reputable).
5) The "man" I eventually spoke with was a lying, vile, despicable, unprofessional joke of a human being. I pity him and the life he's lived that has led him to such a foul place.

The only thing this company did right was cancel my order as soon as I filed the dispute with PayPal.

·
Administrator
11,012 Posts
Sounds like a crappy situation. I've never had any problems with them, but sh## happens.

At least you got you money back, though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered a lower fairing set from them ~1 yr ago and had no problems other than their prices being high. However, things could change in a year.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Sounds like a crappy situation. I've never had any problems with them, but sh## happens.

At least you got you money back, though.
+1

I've had at least 10 orders from them over the past 5-6yrs and never had an issue. :dontknow:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1

I've had at least 10 orders from them over the past 5-6yrs and never had an issue. :dontknow:
I guess if you don't stumble upon a backordered item or have no other reason to contact them, it shouldn't be a problem that you can't contact them.

·
Administrator
11,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yeah, oneida's slow, but usually get the product out. One thing I bought, there was no communication and 1.5 weeks later I had stuff on my doorstep.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I go there in person regularly, they are really good people there. As a matter of fact, I need to bring my bike in and have them do my NY State inspection.

I am very surprised at this. I get stuff both in person and online from them quite often and have had zero problems.

Keep in mind that they go through suppliers, they don't keep the stuff you order in their shop. There has to be something missing from this story (not necessarily from you, mind you, maybe something got mixed up).

·
Registered
203 Posts
I then filed a dispute with PayPal, and within minutes received an email from oneidasuzuki.com that my order was cancelled. They promptly refunded my money to PayPal.
And that's why I love Paypal. :rock:

Keep in mind that they go through suppliers, they don't keep the stuff you order in their shop.
Yeah, I found that out when I realized the Hanye's manual I got from them was from across the pond. :headscratch:

It did take a while to ship too. But the clutch adjuster nut worked beatifully. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Not the first negative thing I've read about from Oneida. From what it looks like if it goes well, it's just over priced. If things aren't right, you have some struggling before you get things right again.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
So many bad stories dealing with these guys when things go wrong, and their prices are usually just list. So, why would anyone from out-of-town order ANYTHING from these guys? They are a Suzuki dealer -- BFD. You don't have one in your town? Every Suzuki dealer has access to the parts microfiche, and any one of them can get you what you want -- either in stock or usually in a day or two.

Develop a relationship with your local Suzuki dealer, and you'll likely get a discount on your orders. Plus, you're likely to get a courteous human being to talk to, instead of these douchebags.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered a clutch cable for my 06 650 2 weeks ago. The cable was 15 bucks and the shipping was another 15! but i did it because they're located in NY and im in RI so it should have been a fast ship right? Wrong. Took them 3-4 days to ship my item and arrived 4 days later. What did i learn about Oneidasuzuki? They take forever to ship and they charge the same amount as their products lol.

Also to the above poster ^..I called every motorcycle shop (honda,suzuki, Yamaha) in RI and every place within 60 miles had nothing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i ordered a lower fairing, tail piece, and something else from them because they were cheaper than any other place I could find at the time (although the colour match is kind of lousy for being OEM, 222 for a lower when it is 500 up here in Canada). Had a bit of trouble with the payment due to being international but other than that it was fairly smooth.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
So many bad stories dealing with these guys when things go wrong, and their prices are usually just list. So, why would anyone from out-of-town order ANYTHING from these guys? They are a Suzuki dealer -- BFD. You don't have one in your town? Every Suzuki dealer has access to the parts microfiche, and any one of them can get you what you want -- either in stock or usually in a day or two.

Develop a relationship with your local Suzuki dealer, and you'll likely get a discount on your orders. Plus, you're likely to get a courteous human being to talk to, instead of these douchebags.
+1

Every time I have gone to the local dealer for OEM parts they are willing to match or at least come close to online prices to keep the business local and they don't charge shipping.

I still buy stuff online like tires, aftermarket parts and stuff from eBay, but OEM stuff is usually through the dealer if I buy new.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I ordered a clutch cable for my 06 650 2 weeks ago....

Also to the above poster ^..I called every motorcycle shop (honda,suzuki, Yamaha) in RI and every place within 60 miles had nothing.
So what? Just call your local Suzuki dealer and have them order the part.

Most times when I call my local dealer, they don't have the part in stock and have to order it for me. It's never a problem. They handle it over the phone with a credit card. They get it in two days, and I don't pay for the shipping. I just drive 10 minutes and pick it up. And because I order from them regularly and refer them customers, I get 20% off most orders.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
They aren't going to stock every part for every bike. That's what warehouses are for. They would have gladly ordered one for you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts