Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just picked this bike up and the Flappers/Butterflies are sticking. And I can't figure out how to take them apart. I just went through all the jets and cleaned them out only to find if I open them half way they stay there.

I read the manual but it doesn't address this issue. Any ideas?

·
Registered
63 Posts
sounds like you need to do a complete teardown and soak everything in carb cleaner.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It actually feels like they need less carb cleaner. I only say that because it seems that they are devoid of all lubricant. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow. I was messin with these things all day only to find this crap out right before I went to put them in.

Sucks.......

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
The new 02 I just got had so much gunk in the carbs the slides were stuck. They had to be disassembled and cleaned. (I only watched so I can't give you step by step on how to)

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
This may not help at all seeing as I don't have a carbureted sv so I know nothing about those specific carbs. But on the aircraft carbs I work on the stops on the throttle valve control lever should be adjusted to where there is some clearance between the throttle valve and the throttle body. So the only thing that could really stick would be the shaft, right? Just break it down and soak it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured it out. Some kind of way the the right side (front) of the carb link got bent. That was what it was. Thanks for the advice guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts