Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is involved in installing the Twin light from busters....

Thankyou

·
Registered
176 Posts
remove stock lamp and housing, disconnect wires, unpack busters dual headlamps, plug in lamp, plug in wires, screw in bolts, adjust the beam, pull hair out figuring out what to do with all the excess wiring. take pics.

J

·
0 Posts
B.C. just so you know there are a few extra wires that you don't need to use for the day light running lamps. I clipped mine then taped it off. All you have to do is plug in the 3 prong piece and your good to go. I would also suggest taping off the wires that connect the 2 lights since mine kept coming undone at speed and i would loose one light until i stopped and reattached it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any disadvantage to leaving the wires? I would like to keep this as idiot proof as possible because you guessed it I am an idiot when it comes to stuff like this. Also when you say "tapping off the wires that connect the 2 lights" do you mean the power connection and if so just adding some electrical tape to the connector? Thanks for the help I am sure when the lights show up I will be filled with more questions. I wonder how long it will take???

J

·
0 Posts
LOL its your bike you can do what you want with the wires. However it is really hard to get all of the wires out of the way so it looks good. If you have a nekid all of the extra wires you have now are tucked into the backside of your headlight. When you do the swap there will be very little room to put all of the wires.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Cool when I get the lights and go to do the swap do you care if I PM you with any questions? It would be great to have somebody who has done it to bounce questions off of. Btw wich color did you get. I ordered the CF look. I hope it is not to cheese.
Thanks
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts