Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone commuting longer distances in formal or casual business attire?

If so, how do you keep the road smell off of your clothes?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Wear gear on the road, change into work clothes at the office. Keep a spare pair of shoes at the desk.

Safer, more comfortable, no wrinkles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wear gear on the road, change into work clothes at the office. Keep a spare pair of shoes at the desk.

+1

Don't ride in your work clothes. It'll guarantee rain, junebugs, or something. Even with a jacket or overpants, it's not worth it. Just cart your work clothes in. I'm lucky, we have a shower available at work...

·
Registered
8,832 Posts

+1. Keep a change of clothes at the office, or carry them with you. Keep shoes at your desk like Frick said. Much easier & safer to do.

·
Registered
153 Posts

+1 That and/or wear a one piece textile riding suit.

And still keep your pair of spare shoes in at the office.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
aerostich roadcrafter, 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
+2 on the riding gear. Pants and jacket come of in 45 second. Keep a spare pair of black dress shoes under my desk so I dont have to wear the boots all day.

Only smell is my musk, no road smell.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wear a dress shirt under a Joe Rocket jacket. Other than that, I carry work shoes and pants and change at the office. Not a big deal since I usually have a small backpack with me anyway.

I tried riding in dress pants and that didn't work out too well -- they ride up and offer no wind protection (nevermind the lack of fall protection). I heard stories about dress clothing coming apart at the seams from the wind. I'm doubtful, but I can see it happening.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts