Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried, I really did. So much info, some seemingly contradictory.

1st gen bike. I weigh 190 lbs w/o gear. I ride 2 up, she's 110 lbs. I'm 6'2" so any height gain in shock installation would be beneficial.

The busa seems to be sprung to high and 636 too low. Would it be better to overshoot and dial down the busa or get a 636 which would be borderline for just me and not a passenger?

Thanks in advance. Rainy Saturdays are made for planning the next mod.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I have a 636 shock and love it, but I mostly ride alone. However, I do weigh almost as much as you and your girl (oh god, time to hit the gym) and have had no problems. The only downside is that is will drop the rear a little, but I could stop being lazy and get some shorter dog bones to fix that.

My advice would be get the 636 and order some dog bones to raise the rear at the same time. If you install both at once it will be a fast easy job, and I think you will like the result.

edit: ok Im not quite as heavy as both of you, but much heavier then either of you alone if that helps any.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Jah, exact same situation here, down to the # on both me and the girl. I'm leaning Busa, thinking that more is better, and I can tone it down if it's too stiff.

Who has the Busa on their bike?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts