Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mmmmkk well I'm generally a pretty fast, twisties-only, kinda rider, I did a wheelie once and that was it... now my tire is almost shot and I wanna burn some rubber... so I figured why not start this thread and let ya'll share your experiences and advice on how to best burn that rubber... then I'll be sure to post some pix...

N

·
0 Posts
Lock the front brake, get your weight off the rear by crawling up on the tank, give it a fist full of throttle and drop the clutch. Don't be shy- if you try to ease into it you'll either push the front tire or over-stress the clutch. Once you get it spinning, you can back waay off on the gas and it'll just burn.

Not advocating or critcizing, just informing.

Have fun!

:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
After you burn your rubber, start another thread on tar and rubber removal from paint 101.

·
Registered
171 Posts
BillyRoy said:
After you burn your rubber, start another thread on tar and rubber removal from paint 101.
+1
My buddy plastered his undertail and taillight on his ninja. ::) The stuff's real fun to get off. ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
lets not forget it smells like someone lit a turd on fire while you are burning that rubber.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
LMAO. It doesnt smell the best, but it seems to be one of those smells you just get used to and learn to love. 8)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Do it in second gear(will spin the tire faster) and you can use a small puddle of water to help it get goin'

·
Registered
397 Posts
Keep doing it till you light that shiet on FIRE!!! BURN BABY BURN!!!! ;D aight time for me to go to my pyro anonymous class, have fun ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have to admit thought I hate those burn out contests were they just run the bike into the ground it seems like such a waste of a good bike. You know the ones where htey do it till the engine blows etc... I used to hate to see that a few years back too before I had a bike. I was like hey hey I will take that bike man if you was just going to run it into the ground like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts