Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post pictures of gear/bike taken after your most buggiest ride.

This is the best i could get with a cell phone camera.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I can see you through all the bugs.

·
Registered
351 Posts
It gets like that around here in Maine right around dusk, especially during the early summertime. I've had to clean similar messes off my helmet and windscreen, etc. many a time. I always wonder how all those helmetless Harley riders that I've passed must look when they get to their destinations.:tard:

·
Registered
414 Posts
+1 on the harley helmet, I completely dont understand the faceless helmet thing..

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW!!!
Ranger, that is crazy!!!
Where were you when you were attacked?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is ridiculous. i can't imagine putting up with that for more than a couple of minutes!
all you hear is:
ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping

and the occasional "thud" for the monsters.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
At least y'all are just hitting small bugs. I used to smack into some large mofo's when I lived in Alabama. Too bad that was before digital cameras were affordable, so I have no pics.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Back around 1975, in the days before digicams and cell phones, I had the missfortune of riding south from Jacksonville to Daytona, late at night, using automotive "driving lights" mounted on the front of my Bonneville chopper. All I saw was a long tunnel of light, filled with bugs the size of small mice, and every **** one seemed to seek me out.

Paladin

·
Registered
47 Posts
Last summer was bad. The cicadas were out in full swing. Nothing like riding through a swarm of them Literally saw this black "cloud" a mile away nothing I could do but slow down and take the hits. It sucked...

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
It was a dusk ride up the Mississippi from La Crosse to Wabasha, about 50 miles directly along the river in the summer. My sister about lost her bladder when she saw the helmet. The front of the bike was worse but I don't have that photo for some reason.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m still very new to riding and have yet to encounter a swarm of bugs. I know that in my car, if I use Rain-X not only is it good for visibility in the rain, but it helps to get the bugs off later too. Has anyone ever tried Rain-X on their visors? How well does it work on plastic? Is there a better product?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
At least y'all are just hitting small bugs. I used to smack into some large mofo's when I lived in Alabama. Too bad that was before digital cameras were affordable, so I have no pics.
I won't run into a ton of small bugs here in Bama, but I end up with quite a few big smears and splats. Every once in a while a nice big one will snap my head back, those are fun.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
I’m still very new to riding and have yet to encounter a swarm of bugs. I know that in my car, if I use Rain-X not only is it good for visibility in the rain, but it helps to get the bugs off later too. Has anyone ever tried Rain-X on their visors? How well does it work on plastic? Is there a better product?

Plexus works very well for cleaning bugs off

:thumbsup: on the avatar, I'm no longer the lone muppet

Ranger, I can't beleve you didn't get in trouble for killing the state bird (mosquito)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts