Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The subject says it all. I have a pair of these signals with no nuts - does anyone know what the size is? I'm going to get these at Home Depot or Canadian Tire or something. Thanks for any help.

-A

F

·
0 Posts
go to the hardware store and start fitting.. probably the easiest way.. or go to a buell forum?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re

Unfortunately, the signals are at my parent's place, 3 hours away. Otherwise, I would just take them in and do the fitting method. I just thought since a lot of guys have done this, they might know off the top of their head...

-A

H

·
0 Posts
IIRC...Mine were the same size as the stock Suzuki's. Take em off, put the nut on the Buell, and you should be good to go...

You doing it on a naked, or S? I've only done the rears on my S, and still need to do the fronts. It looks like the mounting on the fronts is different, so I don't know how I'm going to do that just yet...

EDITED to add that you will also need bullet type connectors since the Buell is not the same as the SV.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
re

Mine's an S.

The same as the stock nuts? How could that be? Wouldn't the Buell use Imperial measurements?

-A

H

·
0 Posts
I'm just going off of memory, but it's only been a month or two since I did the swap, but I'm 90+% sure the stock nut fit the buell. I'll check again tonight when I get home to be sure...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same size nuts.
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/055493/

The blinkers are made in italy., thus metric nuts and threads rather than SAE. I believe it is an 8mm nut at 1.5 pitch...not exactly positive, but I think that is correct.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re:

\"HKer\" said:
You doing it on a naked, or S? I've only done the rears on my S, and still need to do the fronts. It looks like the mounting on the fronts is different, so I don't know how I'm going to do that just yet...

EDITED to add that you will also need bullet type connectors since the Buell is not the same as the SV.
To mount the front blinkers, I made a bracket out of a 3mm abs sheet. I installed it inside the fairing and then I attached the blinker on it.

Here's the scketch I used to made the bracket:

To make the bracket, download this file: Bracket.tcw, print it and use it as a template.

You will need TurboCAD to open/print the file. You can download it for free here.

H

·
0 Posts
So is the 4.2mm hole for the nipple on the Buell blinkers? Is the pic you attached of the inside of the fairing? Then you made the template, and installed it on the backside of the fairing...right? Thats kind of what I had in mind, but thanks for providing the details, it will definately same me some homework!

·
Registered
18 Posts
10MM...

I was wrong :( It is a tem millimeter nut that is needed for the stalk. Just measured it.....10 mm

B

·
0 Posts
I am adding this to save others the aggrivation I experienced when trying to find a nut that would fit the Buell XB turn signals. The correct size is 10-1.25.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts