Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use them on their SV? I just bought four over the weekend, and am planning on throwing them on my bike this week sometime...They look very cool; Smoked lens with amber inserts. Cheap too, <$10.00 each. Any trouble mounting them? Wiring issues, etc.? Just want to feel prepared when I jump into the project...TIA

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Lot's of people use them.

Wiring is easy as splicing them in. You will also have to do something to get them to blink the proper rate. The standard Buell bulbs are 10 watt while the Suzuki's are 21 watt. Easiest fix is to go to Wally World and buy some 1156NA's (four of them) They are the 21Watt amber colored single filament bulbs. Then open up the outer smoked lens, remove the inner amber lens and bulb. Replace with the 1156NA, put the smoked lens back on. Slap onto the bike.

All done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here's my experience

As other posters said, it can be done more easily if you get the right adapters or replace the existing leads with bullet connectors. The fronts on an SVS are still a pain, though, since you need to fabricate some kind of mounting plate.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Suzuki Single Filament 1229654 $4.95

Here is the part number to save the next guy the time I spent trying to find them.

<edit> Sorry should have said that the part number is for the LP wiring pigtails.

·
Registered
71 Posts
...what's the deal? afraid to go into wally world? afraid you might be seen?

The only people who will see you going in to wally world are the ppl already there, so you're rep will stay intact, noone will accidently mistake you NJ goons as rednecks, I promise!

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's Wally World?

Convenience thing. Due to work, don't have time during the week, and Saturdays are scarce, too.

OKcommuter said:
...what's the deal? afraid to go into wally world? afraid you might be seen?

The only people who will see you going in to wally world are the ppl already there, so you're rep will stay intact, noone will accidently mistake you NJ goons as rednecks, I promise!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dang, they sell Buell parts now, too? What's next? Rotella-T?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts