Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting me some.

I did a search, and got lots of helpful info!

X-1 rear signals are the ones everyone gets, right?

has anyone fitted these on the front of a 2nd gen svs? just wondering if they are long enough to mount easily in the fairing like the stockers, or if I need to fab up or buy some sort of spacers. targa makes these. I'll probably order some of these adapter wires, too.

can you buy these buell signals online? i've heard terrible things about the local harley dealer, and would prefer not to go to them...and they're the only one local, next closest is about 90 miles. waiting for shipping is no big deal, as I'm sure the local place would have to order them, I dont think they even sell buells. paying for shipping is also no big deal, since local sales tax is 10%.

thanks!

·
Registered
551 Posts
hi....
i dont know about your question (1st gen)....just showing you that people are looking at it tho....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep go to any harley dealer there 5 bucks each and then go to cycle gear abd get the turn signal bulbs from them and you wont have the fast blinking problem I added them on to my 03 and the look great

·
Registered
536 Posts
Gahdzilla,

Unfortunately, I don't know about the 2nd gen, but yellow650 put them on the front of his first gen S last weekend, and he had to cut a couple of little plates out of some thin sheet aluminum he picked up at the hardware store. He traced the plates that hold the stockers into the fairing, and cut that pattern out. It worked like a charm. It's probably not a direct bolt-on for the 2nd gen, I wouldn't think, but it's probably not that much work, either. Having access to a Dremel or a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade would be handy for making the little plates.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why do you want to use the Buell signals in the first place ? YEah, they fit the naked pretty good, but for the 's' a MUCH better option are the '04 gsxr signals. The rear ones are a direct replacement for the stock and you can get connectors for the front ones.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I'd have to go with Sid on this one.  The Buells look great on the 1st gen SV, but look a little out of place on the 2nd gen due to the 'angular' styling.  The buells are really round/oval, and just go better with the 1st gen bodywork IMO.

However, if you are set on the buells, I can't help with the actual mounting, but you can get the bulbs you need at any auto parts store.  You need 1156NA bulbs.  These have the right resistance to give you a normal blink. Just pop the amber cover out of the buells, and replace the bulb with the 1156NA (which is amber in color anyway).  They're $2-3/pair at walmart or the parts store. 

Oh, and I bought the XB9 signals.  I don't think Buell has changed their signals since around 1997.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
e lo - thanks for the info...fabbing a little mounting plate should be no problem. I kinda needed to know if the stems of the buells are long enough to clear the fairings on the 2nd gen without a spacer or something. I'm thinking they probably will be long enough, after taking a look at my fairing, they wouldnt need much.

wada - thanks for the pics...I'm not too crazy about those, though...they look really long and thin...would look better to me if they were more square and less rectangular. but you've got me thinking, though...thanks for the idea!

OG - thanks for the info on the bulbs, but I actually did a search already, and already had all of that info. BUT...you've got me thinking, too....
orangegilly said:
...The Buells look great on the 1st gen SV, but look a little out of place on the 2nd gen due to the 'angular' styling. The buells are really round/oval, and just go better with the 1st gen bodywork IMO...
hmmm...come to think of it, all the pics I saw of them that made me want some were on 1st gens. The more I think about it, the more I think something a bit less round and more angular would probably fit the look of my bike a bit better. hmm...guess I'll keep shopping. I do want something DOT approved, and I really liked the clear smoked lenses of the buells, and of course I liked the price tag best of all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts