Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But not quite right. The down feels good, but the out is totally intolerable to me. I can't get my heels against the kick plates all the way, and it makes me feel much less connected to the bike. I think some rearset risers from SVracing parts is my next attempt, but I am starting to worry this bike may just never fit me right :(

So what I need to know is this. Is there a way to make the risers fit upside down on a first gen. I search and search, but have only found confirmation about second gens. I am not afraid to fabricate stuff so grinding/cutting is not a problem, I just don't want to drop $60 plus a bunch more work for another failure. I know this question has probably been answered 1000 times, but I just spent a bunch of money and time to make the Buell pegs fit, and I am in a kinda bad mood. So please, if you know the answer, just say it for the 1001st time, I will really appreciate it.

Also, if anyone is thinking of trying the Buell pegs, don't let me discourage you. It isn't right for me, but I know lots of folks who like it, so give it a shot. If anyone is interested, I have two pegs all ready to install no grinding or drilling needed. I am not looking to make any money off them, I just want them to be used.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah? Will they give the option of dropping down? I always just assumed they would adjust up only, but that would be great if they would open it up a bit. I was thinking back and down might actually be nice, so I will have to look into this. Thanks ASC.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Considered trying the Buell Pegs, too. I'd be interested in taking them off your hands to try them out.

PM me price if you would, please.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Give me just a little bit on that, I might end up still using them on my trip, I think they would be a little more comfortable then stock for distance. I will let you know in the next couple days, dibs are yours.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I only use mine on long trips and they do help quite a bit. Once I get to my destination I put the factory pegs back on.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is pretty much my plan so far, we'll see what happens though. Seem like a good excuse to drop money on the bike, so maybe some fancy parts are in my future. Off to go web shopping.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Can't speak to the fit-up on a 1st gen (mine is an '05), but my experience with the Buell pegs mirrors yours. I got the multi-position riser plate from SVRacingParts, and tuned them upside down, and got them fit on with a lot of hacking...

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have always been tempted by these:

http://mfw-wolf.de/en/products/motorcycle-footrests/vario-mounting-brackets

You can get the extender things in several different lengths (dunno if you could use longer than an inch on an SV, probably depends on your exhaust among other things). Twisted Throttle has them, but their site search kinda sucks. If it isn't clear, you have to buy a pair of mounts, a pair of extenders, and a pair of pegs, so not super cheap, but not horrible if it helps comfort.

Actually, TT's site search isn't as bad as I thought once you know what you need:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4700/753/

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh crap, I forgot about this thread. To the folks who wanted mine, I am using them for my trip so sorry I never got back to you on it. To UPSMAN, I don't have them on right now, but I am putting them on tomorrow I think so I will snap some before and after photos if you want. Search for them and you might find some good threads though, if you can conjure up the right kind of voodoo to make the search engine work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts