Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Buell pegs and wanted to share some info from the process, since there are some discrepancies with the Gen 1 and 2's. All that I had to do was shave approximately 1.3 mm from the top part of the peg. In the available instructions people shave off from the top and bottom. This is unnecessary as shaving from bottom of peg is not as straight forward. I used a belt sander which made it quicker and more polished than with a file, but a file will work just fine. The original bolt worked just fine and I replaced the springs with bigger ones from wide adventure-style pegs. The original springs won't fit. I could probably find springs that fit better, but these did the job. That's it. No sanding on the inside of the peg. Done in less than 30 minutes. I'm 6'3" and this has transformed the ergonomics of the bike. After half an hour I would get really uncomfortable because of the bent knees and was always moving my butt back in the seat trying to gain more leg room. That feeling is pretty much gone. Only downside is the slightly angled reach to the controls but not a big deal. For me it's more evident in the brake than in the gear lever. Highly recommend this mod for people with long legs. Cheap and effective.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice!

I kind of go the other way, I'm fairly short but I can see where the pegs would be too high for a tall person.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought some nice aftermarket pegs from E Bay that lowered the peg a little over an inch but like most of these solutions it made me have to ride "pigeon toed." So, I had a little more leg room for my 34" inseam but having to reach inward to shift or brake was something I never adapted to. I went back to stock pegs and all in all I prefer them but if I was a 36" inseam I would be suffering.

I also tried the rearset riser plates in the upside down position. It lowered the peg without widening the stance but moved it back which I didn't want. It's always somethin' eh?

I wish the DL 650 foot controls and pegs were a simple fit for the SV but I've not heard of anyone trying that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts