Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've stuck some Buell pegs onto my '03 1000s and the lowered height is nice. The awkward foot angle is a bit weird getting used to. Anywhere we can buy a replacement shifter nub? What I am talking about is part # 30 on Schematic

Since the Buell pegs force your foot out further it'd be nice to have the toe shifter come out further as well.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Seriously?

loosen 35 and 32 and adjust 27 to the desired height then re-tighten 35 and 32

unless your feet are to small that that they can no longer reach the shifter, if thats the case I cant help you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The height is not the issue...Its the length of 30. I'd like 30 to come out further from the bike to match the horizontal offset that the pegs cause.

Since my foot can no longer rest on the mounting point of the peg, i have to co ck my foot at an awkward angle in order to get my toes under #30.

The picture is of the brake side (which doesn't have the same piece) but similar idea

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I had the same problem, then got used to it after a few hundred miles.

Turns out I actually was taking my feet off the pegs and putting them onto the rearset where the peg connects while shifting/braking.

Think of where the roll pin would end up if it went completely through, that small 1" spot is where I would position my feet while braking/shifting, and then move the ball of my feet back onto the Buell pegs when riding around again.

I was trying to find extensions too, but now its almost natural that I reposition my feet onto there when using the controls.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to know I am not the only one. I guess I'll just keep on riding with em unless someone can think of something

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You're not, its one of the disadvantages of the pegs but they do help in comfort, especially if riding more than 1 hour.

They sell aftermarket folding controls, which may be longer. Chances are after 100 miles you'll get used to them. If you're riding with the ball of your feet on the pegs, you have to reposition anyways to use the controls, I naturally would move my feet up as well 1" and use the controls, and then put my feet back down 1" onto the pegs and continue riding.

Feels weird but it works. Other option would be riser plates flipped upside down, but Buell pegs allow to swap over to stock pegs within 5 mins.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
haha, might not look all that fancy but it might. Not a big fan of the plastic, but for example, sometimes when people crash on the left side the "foot" for the shift lever snaps off. People drill the lever and put in a longer bolt.

Tehcnically that would work on both sides, but you'd have to hacksaw the "foot" on both sides off, drill through the lever, and then put a longer bolt in there with a piece of PVC to make it comfortable to operate.

Might work. I would still ride it for a few hundred miles. Chances are you'll get used to it. Adjust the levers as well as possible and give it a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts