Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a '99 SVS. this past winter I did the GSXR fork swap. decided the fairings were covering up too much of the new beautiful forks, so went looking for dual headlight naked options. settled on the Buell dual headlights and flyscreen from the '05 lightening.

got some headlight brackets from LP.

For gauges I used a new Veypor unit (witih laptimer).

Here are some pics:

before:

intermediate fairings (only used these for 2 days)

These are the brackets I used (3 points makes it rock solid)

New buell parts.

New buell lights and fairing to show off the sexy legs

new hotness...

Shiny new Veypor unit!!

lap timer!!

pretty psyched about the new look.

had some issues with the lights. basically i wanted one to be on with low and both with high beam. tried a small diode but it got too hot. for now both lights are on all the time.
still working on putting a switch somewhere to turn off the veypor unit (it's always on, even when the bike isn't)

had to relocate the brake fluid resevoir. so i sprayed it black with krylon fusion while it was off.

the whole thing was more work than I thought. mostly in figuring out how to mount the bastard and then wasting time with the wiring and fabbing brackets with just a dremmel and thick gloves.

enjoy!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Badass Mike. I really dig the look. What is the box in this pic? Something for the Veypor?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Other then being yellow and naked its nice ;D no seriously its a nice looking bike. I dont think this was one of your intended questions but what is your opinion of the 2bros exhaust??

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
khskenny said:
Badass Mike. I really dig the look. What is the box in this pic? Something for the Veypor?

it's the lap timer. it cost's extra. picks up the IR beacon at the start/finish line and triggers a lap time. i think its a fairly recent ad on for the veypor.
i'll try it out this weekend.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
toobrokeforthat said:
Other then being yellow and naked its nice ;D no seriously its a nice looking bike. I dont think this was one of your intended questions but what is your opinion of the 2bros exhaust??
not a big fan of the CF. not a good material for high heat + structural requirements. mine has blown off a few times at the track and is about to blow off again. i actually just picked up 2 more cans on ebay recently (both need some repair). the one on there now is from '99 and its on the way out. seems to me that CF only lasts about 5 years or so on an exhaust. but its loud as hell and has a good HP gain.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It looks like you used the LP headlight brackets to mount the windscreen. If so, what did you use on the backside to secure it. I have the windscreen but haven't put it on just yet, still trying to figure out how to mount it. I'm using the LP brackets for my headlights, maybe they can do double duty.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
athflying79 said:
It looks like you used the LP headlight brackets to mount the windscreen. If so, what did you use on the backside to secure it. I have the windscreen but haven't put it on just yet, still trying to figure out how to mount it. I'm using the LP brackets for my headlights, maybe they can do double duty.
I used the LP headlgith brackets to mount to the upper holes of the Buell lights. there's a special 'Buell bracket' that also connects to these bolt holes above the lights and holds the flyscreen. The onlt other bolt is in the bottom of the buell lights in the center that connects via a bent piece of aluminium to my lower triple.

here's some pics:

headlight and flyscreen bracket bolted to LP headlight brackets using some nylon spacers (painted black)

view from the top showing the bracket (i had to cut out along the red lines to make the flyscreen bracket clear the LP headlight brackets).

The final product!!'

does that make sense?? the bracket is really cheap and can be had at any harley dealership. mine is from a '05 lightening i think.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Looks great yellow, welcome to Team Naked 8)

Trey tappin the Orabge wire off of the ingnition harness as the "switched" power supply for your Veypor. It will still hold memory but only illuminate when the key is in the on position.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
awesome- it looks great.
makes me want to take the plunge with the buell lights, although the veypor is a little out of my price reach.

great job on the fabrication of the brackets and spacers. looks like its well secured.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
danthony12321 said:
+1, I think this is going to be my winter project  ;). Yellow, what are you planning on using for front turn signals?
i bought some buell turnsignals. they look great. short stalks. only 6 bucks a piece.
not sure where they're gonna go yet though.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
yellow650 said:
i bought some buell turnsignals.  they look great.  short stalks.  only 6 bucks a piece.
I checked the local HD dealer (local to evil, STHD.com) and they wanted $12/each for the signals.
I was going to do all 4 but not for $50

how much to ship 4 to me in 13077 from you? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Looking at your pics... you'll have no room for the motorcycle mounting kit for the Powermadd bars.... I didn't look at what Nate did to his, but he modified a set of snowmobile mounts.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
dackler said:
I checked the local HD dealer (local to evil, STHD.com) and they wanted $12/each for the signals.
I was going to do all 4 but not for $50
He lied. They were 6$ each when I got them there. Maybe ya misunderstood, or he worded it wrong, or they realized all these non-harley riders were grabbing their cheap signals.

The guy even said "you do realize this is the cheapest thing you can buy here" and I said "hell yeah!" and ran away.

·
Registered
197 Posts
"does that make sense?? the bracket is really cheap and can be had at any harley dealership. mine is from a '05 lightening i think."

It does make sense, but the Busters light I have actually go in the middle of the brackets, so I don't think the Buell bracket would work for me.

1 - 20 of 216 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.