Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
35 minutes and counting.... I can barely contain myself :)
For those not in the know, BSG = Battlestar Galactica. After 4 years, this is the last episode.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Finishing up watching The Last Frakkin Special, then onto the 2 hour finale!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I scrolled to the bottom as not to see any info. I was a big fan of the show and seen the first two seasons on tv. Then I been on triple back to back deployments and missed out. I tried buying the "local" versions here but they are always missing some episodes and some dont work. I need to buy the set any chance of a borrow thing? netflix maybe

·
Registered
108 Posts
SPOILERS OPINIONS

I'm conflicted. I called them going to a prehistoric Earth a while ago, figured it would be like that on "original" earth, when it wasn't knew they would end up like that.

Satisfying answers: Found a home, spread out etc, gave up tech, ok good with that.
- Loved the Original theme when Anders took the fleet to the sun.
- I'm good with the Hera / michochondrial Eve thing, even tho the cyclon part seems lost.
- Good way for Roslin to go.
- Good enough resolution on Baltar / Six. Little wierd with the head versions at the end.
- Epic rescue mission from the ship perspective, but got Hera back way too easy. Nice cut with boomer as a rook tho. Glad Athena got to end it.
More but going too fast lol.

WTF Moments:

- Starbuck... WTF (nuff said) think they really coped out on that.
- Never explained WTF the cyclon DNA in Hera brought to the table. Was there any advantage to it at all?
- Knowing Roz was goin out any second, why would Adama leave his only family to go live alone with her corpse? Could have done without his leaving with never coming back that way but loved the rest of his ending with Roz.
- Get that they got rid of the tech in the sun, but what about raptors and various other metal bits that had on earth, we're diggin up dinosaurs FFS and never found any space worthy metal?

Overall they did a good job but the Starbuck thing is really tickin me off.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Finally saw it on DVR and LOVED IT!!!!!!! I think they tied up all the loose ends in nice little knots that made complete sense. Laura, Hera, Cavil and the Cylon fleet and yes even Kara.

Awesome battle scenes, loved how they tied in the past pre fall Caprica lives with the current time line and even the scenes of 6, Baltar and Larua in the Opera House with the final 5. Even the Baltar Caprica 6 flash into our future was right on target too!! Haven't seen a series finale that was complete since Cheers and Star Trek: TNG - All Good Things. Hell it even ties into the opening monologue from the 1978 series too.

Ober - Kara was an angel sent back by god(s) to lead the 12 colonies to what was the real Earth and not Cobol. Once she got them there her purpose and time was at an end. I think her ending with Lee was just as they began and worked for me.

Oh yeah I'd have loved to party with Saul back on Caprica!! {drink} YEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I
BSG 4 Lyfe!!!! :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wonder if they filmed all the earth scenes last to get the full emotional force from the actors

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I'm torn. I definitely liked how the overall story ended/wrapped up. Still feeling a bit disappointed in the Kara part - it felt like a bit of a cop out, I guess. Just like the New Caprica rescue, they came up with some great strategy for the space battle. The whole settling on earth, giving up technology echoed some sci-fi book series that I enjoy, so at least it was plausible (if a bit rushed). At least they didn't end with a lot of new questions to be answered by the viewer :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts