Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

Sadly my sv650 died, when i miss shifted and the whole gearbox said nope! (quickshifter which probably killed my gearbox slowly) the new engine is on its way. I got a question tho, why wont the sv start anymore? is it like a safety thing why it wont start or something else? im not that technical. it doesnt roll anymore( it does roll but with painful ticking noise like the chain is stuck) , it doesnt see neutral anymore, but it still primes with clutch in but gives one ticking sound when i press the starter button and than the screen reboots. anyone any ideas?

Next month or month after that im going to swap the engine with a friend who is technical.

update: checked fuse box everything still good

·
Super Moderator
8,541 Posts
... but gives one ticking sound when i press the starter button and than the screen reboots. anyone any ideas?
Check to be sure the battery terminals are clean and tight.

But most likely, as GC said, the battery is heavily discharged or has failed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the battery, it's still fine. And the thing is my sv wouldnt start right after the gearbox broke. Thanks a lot for helping so far.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
It is important to check the battery voltage when you try to start the bike, not just while the bike is off.

The idea is that a bad battery may have a superficial surface charge that registers 12V on a volt meter, but when there is a heavy draw, such as when attempting to start the bike, the battery capacity is not enough. If the battery goes below 10V (9.6V is bare minimum) while you try to start the bike, that is a sign it has failed.

Your cluster resetting itself is a clue that the battery voltage is dropping too much when attempting to start the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
  1. because i wanna be sure its not something else why it wont start, like i said i have a new engine but just curious why it wont start.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Broken transmission will not keep it from starting if you pull clutch unless there is something wrong with clutch and is not disengaging. If you try to roll bike you will get those noises because you turning broken transmission.
Your starting issue is most like battery. Or if clutch is not working battery does not have power to turn over transmission that is locking up due to broken pieces.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think its the cmuth
Broken transmission will not keep it from starting if you pull clutch unless there is something wrong with clutch and is not disengaging. If you try to roll bike you will get those noises because you turning broken transmission.
Your starting issue is most like battery. Or if clutch is not working battery does not have power to turn over transmission that is locking up due to broken pieces.
then it might be the clutch thats also broken? im not that technical but like i said never had battery isues and it wouldnt start seconds after my transmission broke. if it is supposed to be a battery problem than it shouldve started right after my trannie broke right?

reminder: i had a quickshifter on it and quickshifted and then it said nope.

Thanks for helping so far guys!

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Maybe it is clutch. Usually when gears break clutch still works, it is outside of cases and debris will not get to it.
Maybe it is not transmission. You need to find out what broke first. Reason I said no point in starting it.
First step is drain oil. Both oil drain bolt and allen on other side. See what comes out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe it is clutch. Usually when gears break clutch still works, it is outside of cases and debris will not get to it.
Maybe it is not transmission. You need to find out what broke first. Reason I said no point in starting it.
First step is drain oil. Both oil drain bolt and allen on other side. See what comes out.
thanks! will do that asap!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts