Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fridge stopped working. About 10 years old. About to tear it apart, no experience with refridgerators but I'm good at figuring things out for the first time. Any typical things to look for before I go tearing it apart?

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Drink the beer before it gets warm.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Hey I'm going to try to fix it at first...
For $700+ for a good new fridge it is well worth spending a little time figuring out whats wrong with it. When I was looking at parts I can't remember anything being much more than $200 for the most expensive parts. The Doors and shell were by far the most expensive parts to replace if you needed to.

Here's the site I was using to price parts. I didn't have to buy anything though.
http://www.partselect.com/

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drink the beer before it gets warm.
I did that last night in a fit of rage. It was glorious.

I won't be spending money on it unless its a few bucks. Its actually the 2nd fridge in my house, still have a primary one in the kitchen. This fridge was a medium sized one (5 feet) that I stocked with beer and other goodies that I'd rather access while sitting in my room. If I can't fix it then...it will go the way of everything else around here that isn't worth fixing.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont put fireworks it it?
Ha! You're likely one of the few that remembers that. Theres still some light scorch marks in it. Which means yes...its the same fridge...suppose I shouldnt wonder too much why it stopped working.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
dead refrigerators make good smokers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts