Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spent a few hours this afternoon taking off the upper fairing (cracked), radiator (bent), front tire (got some stuff in the bead) and rear plastic (to balance the nakedness of the bike out).

also removed the headlights from the cowl to find that the housing is cracked and there's a small piece of the back reflector bouncing around in there.

guess i'm adding a headlight to the list of pieces i need.

the tank is pretty badly scratched (and i found a small dent), but it's nothing that needs replacement.

so anyone know where i can get a cheap complete front fairing - including the headlight?

radiator will hopefully be going in this week to motorcycleradiators.com to be fixed and the tire to a bike shop to be taken apart, cleaned, and remounted.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
While you got it this far apart, you going to be keeping it silver, or has a new color crossed your mind? Would open up the option of any decent fairing instead of one color, and you can drive us buggy(er) with polls on this or that color scheme...

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
MagpieTear said:
While you got it this far apart, you going to be keeping it silver, or has a new color crossed your mind? Would open up the option of any decent fairing instead of one color, and you can drive us buggy(er) with polls on this or that color scheme...
i vote for a multi color scheme, think silver tank, blue fairing, yellow and copper tail, or fur ;D

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
sell your girls bike and buy a real motorcycle... just exactly what a "real" motorcycle is, no one knows ;D

I doubt your headlight is that bad, can you fix it?

only 2.5 weeks to get it ready for the fall rally!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
donniej said:
sell your girls bike and buy a real motorcycle... just exactly what a "real" motorcycle is, no one knows  ;D

I doubt your headlight is that bad, can you fix it?

only 2.5 weeks to get it ready for the fall rally!!!
isn't it obvious? the only real bike is an in-line 4!! :D

both the cowl and headllights are usable if i dont have any other options by rally-time.

the radiator is the only thing that must be done - i hope to get it in the mail this week before i leave for vegas (just have to find a box that it fits in).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts